To all of us Veterans, your .gov loves you! NOT!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every adminastration that wanted to cut the military budget always start with pay and benefits. Lets start by not messing with Libya and all the other humanatarian missions they send the military too. Lets cut the budget by cutting pay and benefits for men and women who are going to some of the most dangerous spots in the world. They already spend enough time away from family, and holidays and birthdays.

I can remember being issued a chow pass to eat in the chow hall. But since I was in Naval Aviation and the they want to fly said aircraft, we couldn't go to the chow hall and eat. I was getting paid squat so I eked out my monthy bills every month. And they would ***** about missed meal vouchers we would submit and deny most because supposely we had the chance to go to the chow hall. We never won that arguement.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having spent 23 years in the Air Force, I can promise you that the benefits have been steadily eroded. By the time I retired, it was a shell of what was promised in 1966. I made choices based on what was there, not knowing that most of it would be stripped away. Personal and family sacrafices mean NOTHING to the present administration. Loyality is a two way street! I could not encourage any young person to pursue a military career under today's policies. SAD BUT TRUE!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They'd better cut all of the B.S. funding for everything else prior to this.

I can't even begin to wrap my head around some military family having to cut even further back while they continue to fund worthless studies on the migrating habits of xxx or how drunk college girls behave, etc...

This government is way overdue for a spring cleaning of all the garbarge that has piled up over the years.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Current USAF E4 salary-$27,600 annual(after taxes. BAH and BAS included)(Me)
Current House/Senate salary-$174,000(before taxes)
Current Speaker of the House salary-$223,500(before taxes)

Don't forget, members of Congress receive all retirement and medical benefits of federal employees too.
And they want to cut my military pay?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Don't forget, members of Congress receive all retirement and medical benefits of federal employees too.

Not only that!! They also want your retirement if you make it to there, and your retirement medical benefits too!!!

coveyjt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

The CJCS gets $220,263.50 in BASIC pay alone. Not to mention if goes to any combat area for one day he gets all of the benefits (i.e. tax free, haz. fire pay) for the month. Plus he has his own personal military airlift, staff, and comm people where ever he goes.

Maybe he should look at cutting his benefits first before he cuts my pay or benefits.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The CJCS gets $220,263.50 in BASIC pay alone. Not to mention if goes to any combat area for one day he gets all of the benefits (i.e. tax free, haz. fire pay) for the month. Plus he has his own personal military airlift, staff, and comm people where ever he goes.

Maybe he should look at cutting his benefits first before he cuts my pay or benefits.

*Like button*

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Unfortunately they think wars cannot be won without them and the grunt on the ground is an expendible commodity that should be a dime a dozen, to be thrown away when not useful anymore..

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's simple really. They want the best in the world, they just don't want to pay for it. They have the best fighting force THE PLANET HAS EVER SEEN.....and they're pissing and whining that pay and benefits cost a whopping 10% of the military budget.

That's all!!??

I've seen pay and benefits in the private sector for some major corporations run as high as 30%.

10% is a steal considering the high quality of soldier/sailor/airman that the services are getting today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom