To till or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
till it once now, and then in the spring don't allow anything to grow before you're ready to plant. But what do I know, I only grow stuff for a living.

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, man ... that stings ... :D

Not trying to be condescending. But it floors me with all the "do this, do that, don't do whatever, put this organic whatever on it and you'll grow basketball sized vegetables, and fill your pantry in one day" comments. Just have a good amount of fertilizer down before planting, and continue feeding through May.
I'm not against glyphosate, but it's really not needed in a garden, but around the edges to keep the Bermuda grass in check. I have a buddy that waters his out of his sewer lagoon.
He has the best garden I've ever seen year after year.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's what you need

images

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to be condescending. But it floors me with all the "do this, do that, don't do whatever, put this organic whatever on it and you'll grow basketball sized vegetables, and fill your pantry in one day" comments. Just have a good amount of fertilizer down before planting, and continue feeding through May.
I'm not against glyphosate, but it's really not needed in a garden, but around the edges to keep the Bermuda grass in check. I have a buddy that waters his out of his sewer lagoon.
He has the best garden I've ever seen year after year.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oh, I didn't take it that way at all ... There are as many different "right" ways to garden as there are gardeners, I think. I know what you mean about the sewer lagoon. My dad did the same thing. Had gigantic tomatoes! :D

I think he and I have a different "vision" ... I'm thinking square foot gardening, he wants to do rows ... We'll get it worked out before too much longer. He'll wind up with rows of okra and pole beans ... and I'll have my tomatoes, asparagus and herbs in nice litte square foot plots! :wink2:

Here's what you need

images

Lord, tntrex ... Don't encourage him! :D

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lagoon is the place where all your waste water and solids go when you live in an area where you can't have septic systems.

That was for the people who didn't know.
If you get to gardening and it sticks, you'll end up with as big a garden as you have yard, or space an ordering plants months in advance.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lagoon is the place where all your waste water and solids go when you live in an area where you can't have septic systems.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yep. We had that ... Along with a gigantic compost pile of cow and horse manure mixed with hay from the barns ... My dad was fond of telling us kids he didn't have us because we were cute ... He had us because we were cheap labor ... :( :wink2:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not do a fall garden..My peppers and tomatoes were still putting on.
Just got them all off before this freeze a couple days ago..Red tomatoes too.
Trash man got my plants this morning.
My cilantro and asparagus is growing well
Anyone want tiny cilantro plants i have some.. and they will live till the heat of summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom