Top 10 Stressed Out Cities in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got Damn! just today my TV announced some rating agency says the OKC is the 5th most traffic congested in the country.....Got Damn!

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got Damn! just today my TV announced some rating agency says the OKC is the 5th most traffic congested in the country.....Got Damn!
Have you been on Broadway Extension at the I-44 interchange at 7:30 am, M-F? This location has to be #1 congested area in the world.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you been on Broadway Extension at the I-44 interchange at 7:30 am, M-F? This location has to be #1 congested area in the world.

Naw if you have ever been on a LA freeway at 5:00 on a Friday you don't know what congestion is. 6 lanes one direction bumper to bumper traveling at 2 MPH.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, true rush hour traffic (stop n go) isn't really a problem anywhere in OK.

Most of the issue here comes from our stubborn use of single lane and cloverleaf interchanges. With only one lane, any idiot that is scared of curves and jams on their brakes, or heavy truck that has to slow down, causes a jam. Cloverleafs double down on the stupid for major interchanges: it's a tight turn, meaning slow, and the entrance ramp; where people are accelerating (at least should be!), is shared with the exit ramp; where people are braking.

That and our utter failure to enforce anything other than speeding in general.

Don't use your blinker? We don't care.
Camp in the left lane? We don't care.
Drive a rattle trap smoking leaking jalopy with parts flying off? We don't care.
Drive faster than the speed limit? Oh Teh Noes! It's The End Of The World As We Know It! Throw the book at those murderers! Speed KILLZORZ!!!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Naw if you have ever been on a LA freeway at 5:00 on a Friday you don't know what congestion is. 6 lanes one direction bumper to bumper traveling at 2 MPH.
Having done both of those, I'll put Houston I10 eastbound between 6 and 8 am right up there with 'em.

ww2.hdnux.com_photos_21_21_45_4528461_13_1024x1024.jpg

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never been to Houston but have friends there that have told me about the traffic.. No thanks I'm perfectly happy in Tulsa.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Never been to Houston but have friends there that have told me about the traffic.. No thanks I'm perfectly happy in Tulsa.

If we could just rid ourselves of the bluehairs driving 20 under in the left lane with their left turn signal going and the bro-dozers going 100mph on 85mph rated mud tires bellowing black smoke. Oh, and the people who have smart phones, smart tablets, and all sorts of other smarts, but can't figure out the function of cruise control and insist on just matching speed with whoever is next to them.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If we could just rid ourselves of the bluehairs driving 20 under in the left lane with their left turn signal going and the bro-dozers going 100mph on 85mph rated mud tires bellowing black smoke. Oh, and the people who have smart phones, smart tablets, and all sorts of other smarts, but can't figure out the function of cruise control and insist on just matching speed with whoever is next to them.

Ya seen all the above, I live off 412 east of Catoosa and left lane campers seem to frequent the stretch between Catoosa and the river.

Latest posts

Top Bottom