Oklahoma Divorce Rate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck, my wife and I met a week before Christmas ...... got married the following March 29th ......... Heard a lot of folks telling us that it wouldn't work. Guess we made it work ..... heading for 38 years together next March 29th .... :thumbup3:

Congratulations, and best wishes for the years to come.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I have been married just shy of 13 years (2nd marriage for both). As with my first wife, I told her I was fine just living together indefinately. Marriage just makes a split a hell of a lot more complicated. But she too insisted that we get married, to "make it right". Now this many years later, she agrees with me: we could have skipped the whole getting married thing, and just lived our lives together, along with having our kids. A relationship has nothing to do with a ring, a ceremony, or a marriage license (another aspect of life the gov't has no business messing with).

cfw2000

Marksman
Reaction score
I've been married three times, but never divorced. My first wife died from from eating poison mushrooms. My second wife also died from eating poison mushrooms. My third wife died from a cracked skull. She wouldn't eat her mushrooms. :)

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure I can go along with that thesis since Oklahoma also has above average rate of unwed mothers.
Last year 41% of children born in Oklahoma were to unwed mothers. Link

I would contend that the shack-ups in other states, are not the same demographic as the unwed mothers here, and tend to use birth control anyway. But, sure I could be wrong.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I guess I can take a stab at throwing away some theories about the relationship between church and divorce: I was married for 17 years but then my wife decided to sleep with a guy who was more into church than I was.

So there's something to ponder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom