Oklahoma Divorce Rate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When people realize that Religion is not Christianity it would be a huge step in the right direction. I think Christ would be appalled to see what is being done in churches in his name. If I remember right, the main group he despised was the church/religious group.

I would go a step further and say that Churches aren't Christianity. Christianity wasn't supposed to be a business.

I'm a firm believer any preacher making anything more than poverty income off his church will be first in the line for hell.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to think it has very little to do with the religiosity of the population here in OK. I DO think it is reflective of the fact that OK is about the easiest state in the Union to get a divorce in. No-fault, equitable distribution, etc.

That, and to riff on what GTG said, too many people are getting married that shouldn't. *shrug*

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would go a step further and say that Churches aren't Christianity. Christianity wasn't supposed to be a business.

I'm a firm believer any preacher making anything more than poverty income off his church will be first in the line for hell.

1. Christianity is Faith or belief in Jesus Christ.
2. A Church is a congregation of people of like faith.
3. Christianity isn't a business, see #1 above.
4. Sounds like you might be there to see who comes in second.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Christianity wasn't supposed to be a business.

I guess that depends on what you classify charity as. Anymore, it has to be ran as a business.

I don't agree with that, and I'm a part of a church where the clergy make little to nothing doing what they do.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Christianity is Faith or belief in Jesus Christ.
2. A Church is a congregation of people of like faith.
3. Christianity isn't a business, see #1 above.
4. Sounds like you might be there to see who comes in second.

Oh yes, I'm going to hell because I make a simple statement?

You seem to be good at judging others, perhaps you spend a little too much time behind the cash register at your local McChurch?

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess that depends on what you classify charity as. Anymore, it has to be ran as a business.

I don't agree with that, and I'm a part of a church where the clergy make little to nothing doing what they do.

At pretty much all of the churches that I have been to around Tulsa, 50% or more of what I heard was related to money. We need money for mission trips, for expansions, projects, to help this and that people, etc. Why would someone make an effort to go to church to hear people beg for money when they can just go to QuikTrip and get the same begging, and maybe a little bit of religion too. Begging for money with tons of overhead and driving a new luxury car isn't serving God, it's using him.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At pretty much all of the churches that I have been to around Tulsa, 50% or more of what I heard was related to money. We need money for mission trips, for expansions, projects, to help this and that people, etc. Why would someone make an effort to go to church to hear people beg for money when they can just go to QuikTrip and get the same begging, and maybe a little bit of religion too. Begging for money with tons of overhead and driving a new luxury car isn't serving God, it's using him.

Because if the churches arent providing those services, you'll be funding more gov't programs via taxes. I'm not a big fan of "mission trips" to other countries, so I will agree on that. But the irrefutable issue is that some of these things that this money goes towards pays for very good things.

I can also understand the begging part. If it comprise a majority of the time that should be praise, worship and learning, then there is something wrong. *That* church's leader has lost touch with what it means to shepherd a flock. Im fortunate to attend a place where the offering plate is the only plea for money and maybe a short 1 minute discussion about where the money goes.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Churches are full of sinners my friend, that's what churches are for. Get your eyes off the people and put them on Christ. It's all about Jesus.

p.s. didn't mean to sound judgmental.

Latest posts

Top Bottom