Oklahoma Divorce Rate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think money is the number one issue. I also tend to think if it's a familial habit to get divorced at the first sign of trouble, that gets carried on to the next generation.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
People here care too much about what others think of them. There is a social pressure created, in large part, by the religious fundamentalism that pervades daily life in Oklahoma. One has to wonder why a state with a church "on every corner" has such a high divorce rate, high rate of child abuse (including child sexual abuse) and such high rates of meth and prescription drug abuse.

I think Matthew 7:21 is appropriate:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall
enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth
the will of my Father which is in heaven.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on how you do the math OK is at or near the top of states with the highest divorce rates.
How can we account for this?

Asking a gun forum to answer a sociology question?

Don't worry, I'm sure someone who's not a sociologist will be along soon to dazzle us with their hyperbole and blame.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People here care too much about what others think of them. There is a social pressure created, in large part, by the religious fundamentalism that pervades daily life in Oklahoma. One has to wonder why a state with a church "on every corner" has such a high divorce rate, high rate of child abuse (including child sexual abuse) and such high rates of meth and prescription drug abuse.

I think Matthew 7:21 is appropriate:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall
enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth
the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Sad but true. Too many hearers of the word and not enough doers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom