Oklahoma Divorce Rate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wonder if figures include serial marrying people. People just keep on marrying after divorce 2,3,4 and I know a person on NUMBER 5! Really folks just pull out a damn mirror and stare at it if you are past 2 or 3.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck, my wife and I met a week before Christmas ...... got married the following March 29th ......... Heard a lot of folks telling us that it wouldn't work. Guess we made it work ..... heading for 38 years together next March 29th .... :thumbup3:

Congratulations!!!! That's an example worth following!

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know some folks that like to brag how long they have been married to the same person. But, I know for certain. That they have not been faithful to that person. So, being married 50 years but not faithful. That is something to be proud of. I think I am more inclined to respect the person who may have been married a few times. But, faithful. As long as they were married.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wonder if figures include serial marrying people. People just keep on marrying after divorce 2,3,4 and I know a person on NUMBER 5! Really folks just pull out a damn mirror and stare at it if you are past 2 or 3.

my family has done they're part- 13 divorces, me and one younger brother have never been divorced.

Dad 5x
mom 4x
sis 2x going on 3
sis 1x workin on 2
bro 1x now stable
bro happily married 15yrs
ME married 26yrs

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're on the fifth page now and nobody has told the truth. So I alone am left to ax and answer this question.
What does an Oklahoma divorce have in common with a Texas tornado?
Somebody's fixin to loose a trailer house.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a Christain but I don't "believe in divorce". Certain circumstances make it understandable, certainly.

I made a thread about a month ago about what if marriage was determined by intercourse instead of just a useless ceremony. I was accused of fart sniffing and not many people really got into it.

I had a reason for posting that.

What exactly is marriage to us now? A legal contract begun by a pointless ceremony in which two people commit to each other (all the while knowing there is a way out...not really a commitment). We let a government dictate our relationship and look what happened? It became invalid and of little worth.

Now there are exceptions of course, I don't mean to say everyone or every marriage is like this. Just a trend.

I was married when I was 19. December will mark our 2-year anniversary. Both our parents have been married 20+ years. My wife and I both witnessed difficulties and arguments. I know I witnessed the threat of divorce. But my parents have 29 years together and seem happier now than I've ever seen them.

What I'm failing to get to is that I consider marriage, not a legal state-sanctioned contract which can be broken, but a lifetime commitment to respect, forgive, and strive towards a deeper relationship with another human being. And there had better be a damn good reason for breaking that...abuse, infidelity, etc.

I know I'm young, idealistic, and probably naive; but that's why I think we have so many divorces. People don't take them seriously anymore, it is hard to in the culture around us. And the sanctioning by the state has rendered the marriage relationship false and hollow.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not a Christain but I don't "believe in divorce". Certain circumstances make it understandable, certainly.

I made a thread about a month ago about what if marriage was determined by intercourse instead of just a useless ceremony. I was accused of fart sniffing and not many people really got into it.

I had a reason for posting that.

What exactly is marriage to us now? A legal contract begun by a pointless ceremony in which two people commit to each other (all the while knowing there is a way out...not really a commitment). We let a government dictate our relationship and look what happened? It became invalid and of little worth.

Now there are exceptions of course, I don't mean to say everyone or every marriage is like this. Just a trend.

I was married when I was 19. December will mark our 2-year anniversary. Both our parents have been married 20+ years. My wife and I both witnessed difficulties and arguments. I know I witnessed the threat of divorce. But my parents have 29 years together and seem happier now than I've ever seen them.

What I'm failing to get to is that I consider marriage, not a legal state-sanctioned contract which can be broken, but a lifetime commitment to respect, forgive, and strive towards a deeper relationship with another human being. And there had better be a damn good reason for breaking that...abuse, infidelity, etc.

I know I'm young, idealistic, and probably naive; but that's why I think we have so many divorces. People don't take them seriously anymore, it is hard to in the culture around us. And the sanctioning by the state has rendered the marriage relationship false and hollow.

well said young man.

Truth is, there is no one reason for divorce or our high divorce rate. Its like trying to put your finger on a drop of mercury.

In the beginning, love was prolly the reason we married. And not loving anymore was the reason for divorce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom