Torn between which .22 to get.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best .22lr out there is the Ruger 10/22. It is solid, dependable, rugged, highly modifiable, accurate and an all around great rifle. I have owned one since I was about 14 and it is the best gun around.

PYPLYNR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my ruger 10/22 my favorite gun to shoot. Prob cuz it's the cheapest to shoot

Attachments

• 0111.jpg
    0111.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 144

TJohn

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love .22 rifles. I've shot many but only own one currently, a Marlin Model 60. I want another, and am torn between a Henry H001T lever action and a Ruger 10/22.

Now, don't say "Get both! :urwelcome:" Haha.

Thanks for any input.

Skatalite, as an owner of a couple marlin 60's, three ruger 10/22's and two Henery lever action .22's, in my opinion I would go for the Henry H001T, as lever action .22's are just plain fun. I have a H004 golden boy in .22LR that was good to go out of the box after a quick cleaning a lube, and was accurate with no sight adjustments needed. My H001 which is the base model .22 lever needed only a slight adjustment to get it shooting accurately and it did have some finish problems on the barrel which it should have went back to Henry for, but it shoots good and serves as a good loaner and all around knock around gun. I have never experienced any failure to feeds with any brand/type of ammo. The actions on the Henry .22's are smooth, probably as smooth as any .22 lever that I have handled, including Marlin levers, although the Browning BL 22 is close once it is cleaned and oiled.

I don't intend to bash the 10/22 but other than the aftermarket modifications, it doesn't do anything better than the Marlin Model 60 which is usually $50 to $80 cheaper in price. I have two of the compact 10/22's and the regular wood stocked carbine that wal-mart sells, and all needed a break in period before I quit having stove pipes and failure to feeds. The carbine's sights were good to go out of the box but both of the compacts had to be sighted in, but it was easy and took very little effort to make them accurate. The Marlins in my experience have been good to go out of the box, and I have not experienced problems with them except when dirty. Your mileage may vary, but that has been my experience. Good luck and let us know what you eventually choose.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Skatalite, as an owner of a couple marlin 60's, three ruger 10/22's and two Henery lever action .22's, in my opinion I would go for the Henry H001T, as lever action .22's are just plain fun. I have a H004 golden boy in .22LR that was good to go out of the box after a quick cleaning a lube, and was accurate with no sight adjustments needed. My H001 which is the base model .22 lever needed only a slight adjustment to get it shooting accurately and it did have some finish problems on the barrel which it should have went back to Henry for, but it shoots good and serves as a good loaner and all around knock around gun. I have never experienced any failure to feeds with any brand/type of ammo. The actions on the Henry .22's are smooth, probably as smooth as any .22 lever that I have handled, including Marlin levers, although the Browning BL 22 is close once it is cleaned and oiled.

I don't intend to bash the 10/22 but other than the aftermarket modifications, it doesn't do anything better than the Marlin Model 60 which is usually $50 to $80 cheaper in price. I have two of the compact 10/22's and the regular wood stocked carbine that wal-mart sells, and all needed a break in period before I quit having stove pipes and failure to feeds. The carbine's sights were good to go out of the box but both of the compacts had to be sighted in, but it was easy and took very little effort to make them accurate. The Marlins in my experience have been good to go out of the box, and I have not experienced problems with them except when dirty. Your mileage may vary, but that has been my experience. Good luck and let us know what you eventually choose.

Can you put s scope on a Henry??

Latest posts

Top Bottom