totally creeped out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got several good ones. For the past three years, I've delivered newspapers to hotels in Eureka Springs, AR on the weekends. I don't know if any of you have heard of it, but Eureka has some history. It used to be a huge resort town back in the late 1800s early 1900s, and the most interesting place is the Crescent Hotel. There's a chance you've seen stuff on the Travel Channel or something about it being haunted. Anyway, back around the turn of the century, some guy from Iowa decided he would start practicing a unique, personal form of "medicine" that involved human experiments in the building that is now the Crescent. Needless to say, many people died. Anyway, countless nights I would go there, and elevators would randomly open and shut, with no one pressing buttons. We'd always see shady looking "people" hanging around the grounds of the hotel. The bathroom was in the basement, with practically no lights... I would have rather pissed my pants than go down there. I never had an overwhelming "Holy ****" moment there, but I was always glad to leave.

At another hotel, we saw the biggest coyote I've ever seen scoping out some people. It was about 7 in the morning, sun was up, and people were starting to come out of their rooms. The hotel we were at had about a dozen individual cabins clustered around. This one family with a toddler had their door open loading luggage up. There was a clearing on the hillside that extended about 30 yards below their cabin. As we walked around, we could see a coyote at the edge of the clearing, standing perfectly still and just watching the family. I've never seen a coyote so calm around people. I fully believe it had some sort of malicious intent towards that family, specifically the toddler.

Bobrob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe anytime you feel that crawly feeling, try to observe your surroundings, and see what is causing it.

Twice in my life events have transpired that caused me hospital stays, long stays...Never a clue. just laying on the ground wondering what happened.

Ive said before and got flamed for it, but chance can kill you.

and you may never know..........just sayin

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another one, real quick, last October I went with some friends to Prairie Grove Battlefield just west of Fayetteville. It originated as a fun kinda thing with us just trying to spook ourselves. The park is more like a living history museum, with a bunch of Civil War-era structures standing all around the park. There's a walking trail all around it. We started at the parking lot and walked through all the buildings taking pictures and videos, like they do on TV. Nothing exciting happened at all. At this point we were getting bummed out. Not for long, though. There were five of us, and 3 of us walked ahead while the other two guys lagged behind. We turned a corner heading towards the battlefield area, when the guys behind us shouted. They had both fallen down! They swore that something had hit them knee high and taken their legs out from under them. We looked all around and couldn't find any kind of obstacle that could have caused them to fall. I thought it was creepy that they'd both been taken down. Anyway, we didn't make it another 50 feet before we all were simultaneously overcome by a simple feeling of dread. I try to be objective about everything, and I can understand that we could very likely have been feeding off of each other's collective fear, but in that case I feel justified saying that something just wasn't right. It's like we could hear large groups of people moving around us. Movements in the corners of our eyes, that kind of stuff.

A couple weeks later, we were talking about our experience with my friend's mom who grew up in Prairie Grove, and after we described where those events took place, she told us that the exact same spot is where everyone else has similar experiences. It's interesting to me, and I'll be going back soon.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another one, real quick, last October I went with some friends to Prairie Grove Battlefield just west of Fayetteville. It originated as a fun kinda thing with us just trying to spook ourselves. The park is more like a living history museum, with a bunch of Civil War-era structures standing all around the park. There's a walking trail all around it. We started at the parking lot and walked through all the buildings taking pictures and videos, like they do on TV. Nothing exciting happened at all. At this point we were getting bummed out. Not for long, though. There were five of us, and 3 of us walked ahead while the other two guys lagged behind. We turned a corner heading towards the battlefield area, when the guys behind us shouted. They had both fallen down! They swore that something had hit them knee high and taken their legs out from under them. We looked all around and couldn't find any kind of obstacle that could have caused them to fall. I thought it was creepy that they'd both been taken down. Anyway, we didn't make it another 50 feet before we all were simultaneously overcome by a simple feeling of dread. I try to be objective about everything, and I can understand that we could very likely have been feeding off of each other's collective fear, but in that case I feel justified saying that something just wasn't right. It's like we could hear large groups of people moving around us. Movements in the corners of our eyes, that kind of stuff.

A couple weeks later, we were talking about our experience with my friend's mom who grew up in Prairie Grove, and after we described where those events took place, she told us that the exact same spot is where everyone else has similar experiences. It's interesting to me, and I'll be going back soon.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
since someone brought this back i'll give an update:
i was back at that site in january and the sprint tech was there and he said i saw your name in the log book 8-31-09, so i said ya had a high temp and he said you know they found a guy's body in the tall grass by that big tree in august don't ya? i told him i hadn't heard that and he told me the farmer and his dog found the guy , but he didn't know what the guy died from.

Trebuchet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had something like that happen before. I just think it is our instincts being raised or the Holy Spirit saying "something evil is here so be aware or get away".

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got several good ones. For the past three years, I've delivered newspapers to hotels in Eureka Springs, AR on the weekends. I don't know if any of you have heard of it, but Eureka has some history. It used to be a huge resort town back in the late 1800s early 1900s, and the most interesting place is the Crescent Hotel. There's a chance you've seen stuff on the Travel Channel or something about it being haunted. Anyway, back around the turn of the century, some guy from Iowa decided he would start practicing a unique, personal form of "medicine" that involved human experiments in the building that is now the Crescent. Needless to say, many people died. Anyway, countless nights I would go there, and elevators would randomly open and shut, with no one pressing buttons. We'd always see shady looking "people" hanging around the grounds of the hotel. The bathroom was in the basement, with practically no lights... I would have rather pissed my pants than go down there. I never had an overwhelming "Holy ****" moment there, but I was always glad to leave.

At another hotel, we saw the biggest coyote I've ever seen scoping out some people. It was about 7 in the morning, sun was up, and people were starting to come out of their rooms. The hotel we were at had about a dozen individual cabins clustered around. This one family with a toddler had their door open loading luggage up. There was a clearing on the hillside that extended about 30 yards below their cabin. As we walked around, we could see a coyote at the edge of the clearing, standing perfectly still and just watching the family. I've never seen a coyote so calm around people. I fully believe it had some sort of malicious intent towards that family, specifically the toddler.

The Crescent is a cool place. My wife and I honeymooned there a few years ago. Stayed in a B&B but we ate at the Crescent and took the ghost tour. Never felt anything weird. We were even down in the basement in the old morgue, meat locker, etc..

If anyone's ever seen the Ghost Hunters episode where they go to the Crescent and remembers the part about the man-shaped heat signature on the locker with the number 2 on it, I've seen that.

Actually, that night I was trying to get the pictures from that camera onto my computer because the card was full. I got everything onto the laptop, arranged them in a folder, went back to the camera and deleted everything off it, and then all the pics on my laptop were gone. I was able to get all of them back with recovery software except for the one of me standing in front of that damn locker, which cut me off at the waist. :uhh: I doubt it was anything paranormal though.

But yeah, that place is really cool to visit.

I was hoping this thread would come back. I love reading anything that gives me chills.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
since someone brought this back i'll give an update:
i was back at that site in january and the sprint tech was there and he said i saw your name in the log book 8-31-09, so i said ya had a high temp and he said you know they found a guy's body in the tall grass by that big tree in august don't ya? i told him i hadn't heard that and he told me the farmer and his dog found the guy , but he didn't know what the guy died from.

Uuuuuh :yikes2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom