totally creeped out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i've leased a piece of property for years with some friends.we know it like the backs of our hands.one morning last deer season one of my buddy's and i got out of the truck and walked in different directions to our stands.it was the most freaked out i had ever been walking in.i had a SERIOUS feeling i was being watched.at the same time there was a strong odor of feces and B.O..later, over coffee my buddy says "man,i don't want to sound like a ***** or anything,but i was freaked out.i knew i was being watched and there was weird odor of **** and body odor" now i don't believe in all the "weird" stuff but i'll never forget that morning.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I know the feeling. I've had it several times in different situations, a few times when hunting, camping, etc.

Most of it is that in modern society we spend most of our lives inside 4 walls. Even the most outdoorsy of us still spend the majority of our time indoors.
When you are out there, alone in the middle of nowhere, your senses will naturally go into overdrive. Every noise, movement and breeze warrants a reaction, as it is an unfamiliar situation. Fear of the unknown.

If camping out with someone else in in the middle of nowhere, the other person is used as a gauge to see whether or not something is amiss. When alone, you have nobody but yourself to convince you that it really is just a possum rustling around camp. Something you pay no attention to sitting around the fire BS'ing with friends becomes the focus of your thoughts if you are sitting there alone eating dinner in the dark woods.

I know when deer season first starts every year, I am not totally at ease sometimes. After a few times out it becomes so familiar again I am perfectly comfortable out there by myself...usually.....OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!OOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek:

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had it once. I was bowhunting on a place near Jennings (before I had my CCL) for a couple years. I went out one evening, about a mile back into the woods down into the middle of a draw. The west side was fairly open with some ceder trees, a pond to my north and a heavily wooded, rocky ridge to the east/south.

I was there about 30 min. when the hair on the back of my neck stood straight up. I'm sure there was something up on that ridge watching me. I waited as long as I could trying to see whatever it was but no luck. Needless to say I high-tailed it out of there before dark. I've always thought it was a cougar.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys crack me up:D.....but I know where your coming from...I've had that feeling before....don't know what it is but something is telling you that its not right. Had it in the deer woods,.....and the jungle.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:lookarounLOL Yea I was doing some low light/ night practice last night over at the outdoor range. It was getting really dark, I took off my ear protection and heard a Loud splash. Then something was swimming towards me. Shined my light over in that direction and there was some big eyes looking at me, swimming. I had been shooting a 45, 40 and 38sp for about an hour, Why would something be coming that way? Didnt take long to pack the guns up and head up the hill. Never heard or saw anthing else:lookaroun. Yes I had 3 Loaded guns:lookaroun CREEPY

Latest posts

Top Bottom