totally creeped out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTDT. I used to hunt A LOT. Started manning my own deer stand at 8. Went hunting all over with friends, family and solo. Big game, small game, migratory, ran trap lines too. I've heard all manner of things rustling in the night when posted up waiting to kill something.

One time when I was about 17 I took off early in the morning for an early season squirell hunt. Drove to a series of draws a few miles from my house and slipped into one of them before daylight. Killed a couple at dawn and another about 8 AM. I'm still hunting down into the draw, when this cold chill runs down my spine and all the hair on my neck goes up. There was no sound at all, and in about 1.5 seconds I go from silent hunter to an overpowering sense of prey.

I tried to remain still and quiet while doing what we would now call a 360 threat scan. That doesn't ease my mind one bit. All I could describe it as is an incredible sense of dread. My subconcious was mostly feeling it from my left, though I had no indication why.

I start to ease towards the mouth of the draw which is about 250-300 yards away. I was composed at first, but that feeling kept closing in on me and by then I was full on spooked. At some point I dropped my game and did a full on jungle run with my Remmy 1100 swinging left and right. It was all I could do to not lay down covering fire as I ran to the clearing and didn't I look back till I was on the other side.

I have no idea to this day what caused that and it's never happened again. My buddies and I had hunted that draw a dozen times before and I had solo a couple of times with no problems. I knew it like the back of my hand, but that didn't make a difference. I was done and never returned to that draw.

Call me crazy if you will, but after years of dishing out death to critters as a hunter, I had a pretty good feel for what it must be like for them. Real or not, I recognized the feeling and trusted my instincts. When in doubt, GTFO is my motto.

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep,know the feeling. Mostly it is a little warning to br more vigilant in what is going on around me.I had that feeling once about 5 or 6 years ago that was really strong.My girlfriend and i were going to eat mexican food at a place just east of 169 and 21st. We got there and got out of the car,I looked at the inside and the outside and got an overpowering feeling something was wrong,I told her lets go somewhere else it didn't feel right.We went down the street to another place and ate,went to her apt.which was just west of 21st and 169,we got out of the car and heard rifle fire from the east.I told her sounded like someone just got killed.The next day we heard that someone had went to the place i felt bad at and started shooting with a self loading rifle and killed and wounded a few people.My girlfriend told me anytime I get a gut feeling anymore just let her know.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's crazy is the spot you just described sounds like spot near a place out there call Rock Hole Creek, a boy died out there in the late 80's he jumped into the the pond out there and landed in a deep freeze, when it closed shut on him, he couldn't force it back open.....

But yeah I had that feeling last Monday, showed up to work early, was sitting there in the parking lot at about 4:30, and just had this weird feeling that I needed to get into the shop and lock the doors, about 10 minutes later somebody walked up to the backdoor and stood there for about 2 minutes, just looking in the window, the lights inside were still off, and I just sat there watching him, and waiting for him to try and come in, ever since I've kinda thought about it, I've had my CCW for about 2 years now and have never thought about shooting anybody, but that morning, I was ready the guy looked creepy, and I knew he was up to no good, I don't know if he saw me there, but I'm glad I didn't have to do anything.

Sorry for the wall of text.

I'm going to choose to believe this is a different place and that it was just a cougar.......
CREEPY.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a creepy feeling JUST like that once. The judge's signature on the final divorce decree cleared it right up.

Ha, me too. But then I did the moon-walk on the steps outside Tulsa County Court house after it was all over so I guess I recovered just fine. :D

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had this feeling last summer when i was at my dads house in Louisiana. I first get the feeling when I'm in the storage shed looking for the weed eater for my dad. I stopped searching a few times to see if i can hear anything outside because i keep getting this funny feeling. I close the storage building and head towards the house when i have this feeling I'm being watched. I stop and do a 360 looking all around and see nothing so i continue towards the house. After a few more feet the feeling covers my whole body and makes me feel a little sick. I stop and turn towards the storage building / woods and don't see anything. I paused for a good 2 mins looking to see if i can see anyone or anything, but still NOTHING. I take maybe two steps when i hear a branch snap i turn around and see someone standing in the woods right next to our storage shed. OMG my stomach sunk into my feet I looked straight at him and said, "CAN I HELP YOU" he just stands there and doesn't say anything. I repeat my self again he than smiles and starts to walk towards me. I than call for my dad and he walks around the corner of the house and yells at the guy, "this is private property can we help you" the guy still silent stops looks straight at me smiles again and than turns around and heads into the woods. I'm a big ol guy 6' 4" 290 pounds and have never been spooked before. But for some reason the smile he gave me made me think this guy is missing a few screws. I have no doubt that he thought he could take me and if i would have been alone he might have tried.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to do a damage report on a property, walked inside, looked around, walked back out, got on the roof. Kicked a pallet off the roof, apparently the floodline was 14' or more. Then I noticed a neighbor had painted "We miss you Jeanie. RIP" on a piece of sheet metal that had been ripped off of her storage building's roof and left on the ground.
Got down from the roof and noticed the "1" underneath the X that was spraypainted on the house. The homeowner didn't evacuate.

Well, I was past ready to go at that point. I had looked at 11 properties that day, and I had 200 more in that parish to look at, but I called it a day.

Oh and a while back I had a creepy feeling that I was being watched, and then I was followed home, turned out it was an Oklahoma State Senator.
That too.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get them and always try to follow them.

Last one I didn't follow was 3 weeks ago. Following would have required battle w/wife to take her purse when we'd be within view of car almost entire time.

Result.... Broken window and stolen purse, cell phone and headset.

Wierdest was to detour to nearest convenience store and buy lottery ticket.

End result... By the time we got back on highway home, we ended up next to SUV w/stream of oil pouring out of engine from bottom. Advised people in SUV.
Could they have been saved from a bad fire? Maybe
Could someone else have been saved from an accident due to all the oil in road? Maybe

I just go w/them. I figure their directives from God. I don't need to know what the outcome is to trust them.

I'll share another... Rolling down I-90 from Buffalo in bad snowstorm. Get to NorthEast PA. Get clear message I need to stop at truck stop for tea and french fries. YES I said tea and french fries. I NEVER DO THAT.

End Result... I missed being in a 60 vehicle pileup 15 miles down the road.

The tea and fries thing is spooky. Dadgum...

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a rest stop just south of Salina, KS that is in the middle of the two directions of traffic; I have stopped there many times going between Tulsa and Denver so it was a very familiar place to me. I was well armed and not prone to spooking but one night around 01:00 I was heading back to OK and pulled in because I had to go REAL BAD! About the time I came to where I should be slowing way down I had a sense of absolute terror come over me and hit the gas as hard as my Trans-Am would go. I will never know why or what that was all about but I have learned the hard way to listen to my gut and usually do anymore.

handcannon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only time I've been real spooked was back in CA. I was walking my dog in a wild area close to my house and went to an area I was unfamiliar with. When we came to the edge of an old embankment from the days they used to do hydraulic gold mining in the area, the dog and I just stopped cold. The hair on my neck and arms stood straight up, and the dogs hackles raised as well.
There was nothing I could see but brush and trees in that hollow but there was definitely something there.
Came to find out about 6 months later from the Park Ranger that there had been numerous sightings of cougar tracks in the area for the last year but no one had ever seen the animal. Pretty sure I found out where he was.
That old hound got bit by a diamonback in the same area a year later but survived thanks to a good vet (and a couple grand :brick:).

Latest posts

Top Bottom