totally creeped out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in Okmulgee for about a year in the 1980s. Never heard of Flamesville.
What's the scoop?

Supposedly it was some type of religious cult/compound. All kinds of third and fourth hand reports of kids seeing robed figures and being chased, etc.

We never could find it. I have to confess I was more interested in the blonde gals in the front seat of my Jeep, than in running into Okmulgee County's version of the Branch Davidians. But it made a good excuse to take them out into the woods.....:blush:

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Supposedly it was some type of religious cult/compound. All kinds of third and fourth hand reports of kids seeing robed figures and being chased, etc.

We never could find it. I have to confess I was more interested in the blonde gals in the front seat of my Jeep, than in running into Okmulgee County's version of the Branch Davidians. But it made a good excuse to take them out into the woods.....:blush:

I can relate. :D There was a place up in Spencer that was supposed to be a bunch of satanists or something. Other than my friend getting shot at up there once, it was just a good place to get the girls to sit a little closer..... :naughty:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
used to be a spot up on Goose Island on Oologah lake where the satanists would hang out. Evey once in a while when rabbit hunting up there we would see a pentagram or other symbols spray painted on old concrete and such.

That never really bothered me, even when we camped up there. Of course that could have something to do with the fact that we were young and armed to the teeth. :)

03on22s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always try to listen to my "gut", I haven't avoided anything horrible to my knowledge but I know that feeling. The mountain lion stories give me chills though. My parents have a pond down behind their house and to get there you have to walk about 3/4 of a mile down a grown up trail that is surrounded by thick trees. I had been at the pond on day plinking around with my .22 and it started getting dark so I headed up the trail. It's all up hill back to the house so it's a slow walk. I was about a half mile from the house and could only see about 20 ft. in front of me when I heard the "scream" of a mountain lion. I've never made it back to the house faster than I did that day.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've definitely had these feelings before, though I don't recall them getting me out of trouble, but someone else's did. I was only about 15. We were over in Malvern, Arkansas visiting my grandma like we did once every month and were getting ready to head back to OK and my dad got the heebiest of jeebies and we didn't leave when we had planned to. Then later in the day when we were about to leave we saw on CNN that the I-40 bridge had collapsed over in Webbers Falls.

mr.theman

Marksman
Reaction score
Thought I would bring this thread back to life and add a little to it.

There have been a few times when I have been out in the woods and gotten that GTFO feeling but there is one area that really sticks in my memory.

I used to live in Ponca city and would hunt the Kaw WMA quite a bit and ended up knowing the terrain pretty well. While out chasing squirrels in an area that I hadn't been to before I came across a feild that was maybe 20 acres. As soon as I stepped foot into that field every hair on my body stood up. I just stood there for a couple of minutes surveying the land with that I'm being watched feeling and decided that I had had enough for the day and headed back for the truck in short order. I went to that area half a dozen times and the same thing happened every time, I even made it all the way across the field once but couldn't stand it anymore and was out of there at almost a run. There is another field to the west side of it with just a few yards of brush separating the two and I could go all over it with no problems and I could go all through the timber to the north before I got to the field with no problems but as soon as I stepped foot into that field the same thing would happen. I finally took the hint and just never went back. To this day you couldn't get me back there and the hairs on my neck are tingling just thinking about it.

Once while coming home from McAlester my wife got the feeling that we really needed to stop at a little gas station just west of Holdenville. She didn't need anything but said she just felt like we should stop for a minute. This was unusual cause the kids were asleep in the back and stopping would mean we were taking a chance on waking them up so we never stopped unless we absolutely had to. So we're there for a few minutes and she says she feels like we can go now so we head back down the highway. We get a ways down the road come upon a bad wreck that had just happened a few minutes before we got there. We just looked at each other in disbelief, If we hadn't stopped there is a good chance that one of the cars involved in that wreck would have been ours.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
had that feeling this past weekend when i was in Louisiana. It was dark and my wife and my self were walking from my parents front door to our truck. Which couldn't have been more than 50-60 feet if that. Not sure why but i had this feeling someone was watching me. Of course i ignored the feeling and we both continued. The second I start it up and the lights turn on some random guy walks in front of my truck and towards the road. I call my dad and let him know and he said that he had seen that guy lurking around the property a few times in the last week. I Turn on the truck the lights turned on and maybe 5 ft in front of the truck is a random guy standing there

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
had that feeling this past weekend when i was in Louisiana. It was dark and my wife and my self were walking from my parents front door to our truck. Which couldn't have been more than 50-60 feet if that. Not sure why but i had this feeling someone was watching me. Of course i ignored the feeling and we both continued. The second I start it up and the lights turn on some random guy walks in front of my truck and towards the road. I call my dad and let him know and he said that he had seen that guy lurking around the property a few times in the last week. I Turn on the truck the lights turned on and maybe 5 ft in front of the truck is a random guy standing there

.....and you gave him one to the hip?

Latest posts

Top Bottom