Tough to Say Goodbye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well fellas, it's been a tough week. I had to put down my good friend and hunting buddy I've had for the past 12 years. She finally lost her battle with cancer. I keep thinking every day is going to get better, but so far it's just not happening. I could sure use some good vibes sent my way.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man sorry to hear that... Definitely tough, I had to put down my 14 year old female German shepherd dog 6 months ago, my male GSD is 14 and blind and nearly deaf, I know that day is coming soon for him. It's tough, but it will get better, think about all those great days spent in the field, or just hanging out at home, your dog had a great life! My shepherds have been the best dogs I have ever had, I'm gonna miss the hell out of them for a long time, but I'm already thinking about a new dog, so I'm sending you some good vibes now.....it will get easier.... You'll never forget your buddy that just passed, but there will be a new buddy, a new dog, not a replacement, just the next one. Hang in there brother.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dammit!

I feel for you and your dog. I hope you remember the great retrieves she made and the many hours she sat by your side waiting to retrieve the waterfowl you shot, the times she nuzzled you for that extra snack and the look in her eyes when she brought that bird back to you and just wanted a scratch and a little rub behind the ears.

I hate it when these sand storms come through and make my eyes water.......

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man that is painful to even read, makes my heart hurt. Sorry for your loss. After 12 years you get to be pretty good friends with someone like that. They are there when no one else is, always loyal, and swim out to retrieve all those bad shots that you make on a winged duck, without complaint. Not everyone understands the bond between a man and his dog, and I feel sorry for those people. Doesn't matter how bad of a day you have, you can't help but smile when that four legged furry friend comes up and licks your face. There is nothing better. It'll get better with time, but it"ll certainly suck for a while. Good vibes man, good vibes.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss Porter. A man is allowed one great dog in his life . Lots of good ones but only 1 great one. I too lost a great one. Tough times. May the next pup lift your spirits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom