Traffic Signs in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could deal with most traffic idiots if EVERY ONE would follow the 2 second rule. Tailgating really ticks me off.

I was going down MacArthur travelling south between 10th and Reno one morning on my way to work. I was just about the only one on the south bound side of the road at the time besides one car behind me and it was right on my rear bumper. I couldn't even see it's head lights. The driver was tailgating AND applying makeup at the same time. The light at Reno was green and the next one by the McDonalds was too but, the light for the I-40 over pass was red. I stopped and so did she but only because she ran into me. She didn't do any damage to my car besides scratching the paint. She did more damage to her own car including smacking her head on the windsheild cracking it. That damage to her and my yelling at her, maybe she would think twice about tailgating again but, I doubt it.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some goofy kid it my ramp gate utility trailer while I was sitting at a dead stop on a red light last year.

He gets out with a donut in his hand and through a mouthful of donut said "Dude did I hurt your trailer? My foot slipped." I told him no, just left some paint chips off his Honda on the gate and he's all like "I'm cool with my car if you're cool with your trailer, man."

Dude, I'm glad you're cool with the bumper damage incurred when you hit my trailer. Get on outta here witcha dumb ass. Punk didn't even offer me a donut.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tailgaters, non yielding yahoos they're nothing. You ought to drive downtown and see how many times some pedestrian walks out in front of you. There are these signs everywhere that say "people in crosswalk have the right of way, State Law". They think it is funny to walk out into traffic without looking and see if they can get someone to slam on their brakes. Another one is when one person crosses someone else waits until the first guy is halfway across then crosses their own damn selfs, like little ducks in a row. I have seen as many as 15 people do it like that. It is no wonder people getting on the hiway from downtown can't yield, they're too flustered from the dumb pedestrians.

Last edited:

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma has a driver's manual? no, seriously I've never laid eyes on one....that would explain a lot though about the drivers

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MY fav is when someone else pulls a bonehead move and you get beside them and they look at you like your the d-m-ass!!

When i screw up......thats when im glad i got dark windows!!!

OMG I LOVE those folks!!! I just smile, wave and blow them a kiss ... Because they have no idea they have just pissed off a menopausal woman with a gun ... ;)

tmotulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG I LOVE those folks!!! I just smile, wave and blow them a kiss ... Because they have no idea they have just pissed off a menopausal woman with a gun ... ;)

likelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelike. it. If this were facebook, I would have just broken the like button :)

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I really want to know is, who invented the rule that if a guy is coming down the road in a big truck pulling a trailer you have to get in front of him at all costs? Obviously then, you are supposed to slow way the hell down and continue on your pokey ass way.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I play this little game while driving where I try to imagine the stupidest thing the driver's around me might do. I'm really good at this game. My biggest peeve are the people who weave through traffic because they are in some kind of hurry.

STWshooter87

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I've moved up here, I've been amazed at the drivers of Oklahoma. (Actually before I moved here as well, but was only here once a week) I've thought that maybe I was doing something wrong, so I pulled down the Oklahoma Drivers Manual, which I find to be a little incomplete (and slightly ambiguous in at least one case).

Welcome to Oklahoma MBowman325! :)

I'm a country born/raised Okie and learned to drive on a dirt road when I was like 12 I think. Nothing surprises me unless I drive somewhere other than Oklahoma! LOL. Seriously, most of what you said seems 2nd nature to me. But U-turns allowed in other states always grate on me like fingernails on a chalkboard. Was in Maryland last month and there was a place I actually had no other option than to pull a U-eey. Nearly killed me (my conscience mostly).

Latest posts

Top Bottom