trail cam pictures... help me determine age's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few 8's and a small 9, and a few fork's.

Not sure on ages, can you help?

Attachments

• 3.5.jpg
    3.5.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 3.5..jpg
    3.5..jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 3.5...jpg
    3.5...jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 247

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few 8's and a small 9, and a few fork's.

Not sure on ages, can you help?

The first three pics are obviously of the same buck. Looks about 3, maybe 4 years old, a solid shooter. Could be as old as 5, but I don't think so.

I would place the 4th pic at 2-3. Def. thickening up, should be a nice animal in the next couple of years.

That wildgame takes some pretty decent shots!

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first three pics are obviously of the same buck. Looks about 3, maybe 4 years old, a solid shooter. Could be as old as 5, but I don't think so.

I would place the 4th pic at 2-3. Def. thickening up, should be a nice animal in the next couple of years.

That wildgame takes some pretty decent shots!

yea, i have about 4-5 buck showing up on a regular basis. The first few are the same one, but he is the one i want! What is the last one a yearling?

yea this is a cheap bass pro special $50-60..takes good pictures!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the first deer in the third pic is showing a long white muzzle, the forehead is starting to flatten, and the belly is starting to sag.
I'm thinking 4 1/2, possibly 5 1/2.
Other deer is probably a 3 1/2 yr old.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was leaning towards 3 1/2 possibly a year older on your first buck. The second one looks to me about the same...not sure if you have any more pictures of him that would help. Your other guy is probably 1 1/2.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm, I would have guessed 3.5 for the first one in first 3 pics, 2.5 for the 4th pic, and 1.5 for the forkhorn.

I think that all game cam pics should be stamped with lat & long! :evil:

I would agree with this. The first buck just isn't carrying enough mass (compair bases with diameter of the base of the ears). The brow tines are a bit short. He's got a solid body but his neck is just too thin,his nose looks too long and his belly is just starting to sag, (its often exagerated when they have their heads up). If this is managed land I would wait another year. If he crossed my path where I hunt, I would put an arrow in him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom