Tulsa Area Jeep Dealers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking into getting a Jeep Wrangler. I had one previously and am still kicking myself for getting rid of it. I purchased it used through Chris Nickel and had an average car buying experience. Any good, bad, or ugly with Jeep dealers in Tulsa?

I am looking for a 2012-present Wrangler. I am mostly interested in a very basic model the only two things it really has to have are 17 inch wheels and satellite radio.

My last Jeep had a soft top which I liked well enough. Anyone have any experience with the current soft tops and hard tops?

Thanks

Jango8753

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a used wrangler from a used dealer and I wouldn't recommend it, had it in the shop for warranty work a week later. long run it was a great jeep. Bought a used Grand Cherokee from Nikel and its been great so far. use them for service and maintenance I am happy with their service thus far.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's a good price off MSRP on wranglers? All the internet prices I have seen are only 3k off MSRP. Friggin pathetic on a 40k vehicle. Especially considering you can get a new truck for 10k off all day long.

Jango8753

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True true... I can't even remember how long I waited for a diesel Tacoma. But I came across this at Edmunds http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2016-jeep-wrangler-to-get-diesel-engine.html

saw that, and ive seen an interview with some jeep exec eluding to it last year i think... if they do the 3.0 liter that chrysler is using they should have too many problems, emissions is what keeps them from selling the ones they make at the US factory and export, from selling a diesel option here...

I think itd be great once you remove all the emissions stuff they force in it, especially when you go up in tire size

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's a good price off MSRP on wranglers? All the internet prices I have seen are only 3k off MSRP. Friggin pathetic on a 40k vehicle. Especially considering you can get a new truck for 10k off all day long.

Check with KBB.com online. That seems to be a good starting place. The thing about Jeep Wrangles is they tend to hold their value pretty good.

My own personal experience:
I had a real hate for David Stanley going on do to a previous purchase. I stopped by there for just a price check and planned to look elsewhere to buy. I ended up buying from them because they were several thousand cheaper than anyone else and the buying experience was golden. They were going through their annual recertification process. I figure that was the only reason they were decent. But they treated us with the highest respect and were in the end $3500 cheaper on the same model than any of the competition. All that being said I still can't recommend them due to the previous experience I had.

I have a 2013 hard top with the power and electronic packages added. Haven't had any problems for them to work on. The windshield cracked and I took it to Automax to see if they would warranty it, no they wouldn't. I think it was defective but didn't feel like arguing that day so I just piss at them and left. They are fun to run around town in or out where I live. I wouldn't suggest them if you have lots of highway traveling. They have the aerodynamics of a brick. When I have to drive mine for long distances at over 55 mph the mileage tanks. My normal combined mpg is 22. At 70 on the highway it's about 16. That's all I got right now.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check with KBB.com online. That seems to be a good starting place. The thing about Jeep Wrangles is they tend to hold their value pretty good.

My own personal experience:
I had a real hate for David Stanley going on do to a previous purchase. I stopped by there for just a price check and planned to look elsewhere to buy. I ended up buying from them because they were several thousand cheaper than anyone else and the buying experience was golden. They were going through their annual recertification process. I figure that was the only reason they were decent. But they treated us with the highest respect and were in the end $3500 cheaper on the same model than any of the competition. All that being said I still can't recommend them due to the previous experience I had.

I have a 2013 hard top with the power and electronic packages added. Haven't had any problems for them to work on. The windshield cracked and I took it to Automax to see if they would warranty it, no they wouldn't. I think it was defective but didn't feel like arguing that day so I just piss at them and left. They are fun to run around town in or out where I live. I wouldn't suggest them if you have lots of highway traveling. They have the aerodynamics of a brick. When I have to drive mine for long distances at over 55 mph the mileage tanks. My normal combined mpg is 22. At 70 on the highway it's about 16. That's all I got right now.

Thanks for the input.

I had an 07 I think or maybe 08 experienced much of the same with window and highway. I have noticed that the crack in the windshield is common especially with an abnormally cold winter. I had a crack that was almost all the way across the windshield about 6in from the bottom. A friend of mine has the same one. Both happened during a really cold period of winter.

Just wondering can you take the hardtop off by yourself?

Latest posts

Top Bottom