Tulsa gun buyback!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did it make you a bit honesick?
Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TULSA, Okla. — Unwanted firearms are finding a new purpose.

Saturday's "Guns to Garden Tools" exchange encourages residents to anonymously drop off firearms. In return, local blacksmiths rework these weapons into garden tools.

“This is deeply personal for me,” shared Rebecca Fincher, a volunteer at the event. The weight of her involvement stems from a personal tragedy.

“In 2021, my 20-year-old son was killed, actually just a few blocks from here, said Fincher. "He was in his apartment on a Saturday afternoon, and a bullet came through the wall, and he was shot in the head and killed. He spent 4 days in ICU, he never regained consciousness. He left behind his pregnant wife."

Fincher and other volunteers don't just want to remove guns from the streets; they aim to repurpose them into a symbol for healing.

“This project is all about transformation. It’s about transforming something that is created to kill, and into something that’s created to give life,” Fincher emphasized.

Fincher wants more awareness that gun violence is not only limited to crime. “We're talking about suicide. We’re talking about domestic violence. We’re even talking about unintentional shootings. It’s a much broader picture than most people realize."

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/guns-to-garden-tools-repurposes-firearms-materials-into-gifts
Is Rebecca going to repurpose cars that have been in fatality accidents into garden tools? I just don't see the purpose. I guess if it makes her feel better, that's ok, but it's stupid.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I circled the lot once to make sure there was no LEO. And no, not because I had anything illegal or did anything wrong, but because I didn’t want some record by the government of me being there
So you posted about it online… that’s a head scratcher

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TULSA, Okla. — Unwanted firearms are finding a new purpose.

Saturday's "Guns to Garden Tools" exchange encourages residents to anonymously drop off firearms. In return, local blacksmiths rework these weapons into garden tools.

“This is deeply personal for me,” shared Rebecca Fincher, a volunteer at the event. The weight of her involvement stems from a personal tragedy.

“In 2021, my 20-year-old son was killed, actually just a few blocks from here, said Fincher. "He was in his apartment on a Saturday afternoon, and a bullet came through the wall, and he was shot in the head and killed. He spent 4 days in ICU, he never regained consciousness. He left behind his pregnant wife."

Fincher and other volunteers don't just want to remove guns from the streets; they aim to repurpose them into a symbol for healing.

“This project is all about transformation. It’s about transforming something that is created to kill, and into something that’s created to give life,” Fincher emphasized.

Fincher wants more awareness that gun violence is not only limited to crime. “We're talking about suicide. We’re talking about domestic violence. We’re even talking about unintentional shootings. It’s a much broader picture than most people realize."

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/guns-to-garden-tools-repurposes-firearms-materials-into-gifts
Just curious about how many of those "local blacksmiths" just happen to have really huge gun collections?

Latest posts

Top Bottom