Police Buyback Turns into Makeshift Gunshow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is the tube for a Stinger anti-aircraft missile. Some of the components are missing. If the missile is actually in the tube, the cops better find out where the hell that came from.

Tube from Police buyback story
seattletimes.com_ABPub_2013_01_26_2020223450.jpg

Live Stinger with all electronic components installed
www.fas.org_man_dod_101_sys_land_stinger_dvic461.jpg

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you go through an FFL it could get you in serious poo to do a person to person in any state you are nonresident. Just food for thought

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is the tube for a Stinger anti-aircraft missile. Some of the components are missing. If the missile is actually in the tube, the cops better find out where the hell that came from.

It's actually an earlier Redeye missile, minus the firing grip. I've fired both the Redeye & Stinger. :D

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Another problem with these buy back programs is that police often offer a "no questions asked" amnesty policy. I don't know how legal it is for them to offer that, but I've seen that mentioned numerous times in gun by back articles. Did the article say if the police allowed themselves to ask about it?

Personally I think any amnesty program for gun buy backs is a horrible idea. Think how many crimes will go unresolved because criminals were able to ditch their weapons by simply turning them into the police.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another problem with these buy back programs is that police often offer a "no questions asked" amnesty policy. I don't know how legal it is for them to offer that, but I've seen that mentioned numerous times in gun by back articles. Did the article say if the police allowed themselves to ask about it?

Personally I think any amnesty program for gun buy backs is a horrible idea. Think how many crimes will go unresolved because criminals were able to ditch their weapons by simply turning them into the police.

And getting paid to do it!

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question is where did the $80k to pay for the gift cards come from? Okay thats rhetorical but still, I'd be pissed if my tax dollars were going to this kind of sham.

daddy-o

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its sad for me to see punks selling some of their family heirlooms for gift card. I'm sure their grandfather or father never thought this is what would happen to them when they left their guns to these kids.

Latest posts

Top Bottom