Tulsa gun buyback!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So apparently this group of misguided fools is going to hold a gun buy up Sat Oct- 21 from 10am-1pm At 21st and Garnett. They say they will offer $100 for handguns /$200 for long guns in gift cards. (They say handmade guns will not be eligible for receiving $ ☹️). Who else thinks it would be a funny opportunity for some guys to stand on the side walk with a sign and offer "cash for guns" as a little free market competition?🤭
They need to come to OKC

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

"Guns to Garden Tools" repurposes firearms materials into gifts​

TULSA, Okla. — Unwanted firearms are finding a new purpose.

Saturday's "Guns to Garden Tools" exchange encourages residents to anonymously drop off firearms. In return, local blacksmiths rework these weapons into garden tools.

“This is deeply personal for me,” shared Rebecca Fincher, a volunteer at the event. The weight of her involvement stems from a personal tragedy.

“In 2021, my 20-year-old son was killed, actually just a few blocks from here, said Fincher. "He was in his apartment on a Saturday afternoon, and a bullet came through the wall, and he was shot in the head and killed. He spent 4 days in ICU, he never regained consciousness. He left behind his pregnant wife."

Fincher and other volunteers don't just want to remove guns from the streets; they aim to repurpose them into a symbol for healing.

“This project is all about transformation. It’s about transforming something that is created to kill, and into something that’s created to give life,” Fincher emphasized.

Fincher wants more awareness that gun violence is not only limited to crime. “We're talking about suicide. We’re talking about domestic violence. We’re even talking about unintentional shootings. It’s a much broader picture than most people realize."

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/guns-to-garden-tools-repurposes-firearms-materials-into-gifts

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just hope and pray the only guns turned in are Hi-Point-type stuff. I hope that no one turns in anything valuable/museum-worthy.
IMG_7577.jpeg

I turned in a broken H&R .410 single shot and got my $200. I fully support these stupid events so I can take advantage of them lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom