Tulsa recs - need a new dishwasher and camping gear. Tomorrow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do not put an extension cord on a dishwasher, unless you buy a fire extinguisher too....;) lengthen the cord(check manu inst for max link
I've had good luck with LG and Frigidaire
Or just hire a maid..... ;)

By "extension cord," I meant "cut off the female end and crimp on lugs," as opposed to buying bare cord and attaching a male end and adding lugs and a plug. I can see where I was unclear, though. Mea culpa.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
CR rates Bosch and Whirlpool as some of the most reliable brands of dishwashers. They gave wdf760sadm very good ratings based on its similarities to the Whirlpool WDT920SADM.

I saw that on their page... but considering it wasn't actually reviewed by them, it seemed to me more like an automated "comparison". Like so many of these web pages out there. Not sure I buy that.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought the wife a new dishwasher not long ago, the other was quite antiquated and as some have said loud as F. Had to go look, the new one is a Whirlpool Gold Series. She loves it. Its so quiet I dont even know she has started it unless I go in there and see the blue light on. Our old one we would be pissed off clear in the next room trying to watch TV while she ran it it was so loud. She got hers in black like her other newer appliances. The one thing I notice different is she uses different soap and other stuff in this one, we used to just use the big container of gel type soap in the old one and now when I am grocery shopping she has me get her boxes of these little blue crystal all in one things and she also has to have the little bottle of blue finish stuff too. Shes happy, thats all matters to me.

5-11brookepics010.jpg

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, is that your house??? It looks like an empty house for sale! lol Even after we clean our kitchen you can still tell someone lives there! I mean... nothing on your counters at ALL. No toaster, no coffeemaker, nothing. Wowzers.

I'm just messin' with ya, I know some people like it like that. Just seems kinda - I dunno - sterile, to me, I guess.

Thanks for the report, though. I'll do some more research on the Whirlpool. I know you're going to have some complaints about ANY brand, I just felt there were too many on the Whirlpool. I need to look at some others to get some perspective.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hahn's. We looked at ratings, too - but after we remodeled our kitchen in 2006, and some of the ramifications after that, I will not buy any GE-made appliances.

Hahn's scratch and dent warehouse is a good place to look, they have stuff from low-budget to palace-worthy.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, is that your house??? It looks like an empty house for sale! lol Even after we clean our kitchen you can still tell someone lives there! I mean... nothing on your counters at ALL. No toaster, no coffeemaker, nothing. Wowzers.

I'm just messin' with ya, I know some people like it like that. Just seems kinda - I dunno - sterile, to me, I guess.

Hahaa, yaaa, that was taken just right after project #99- the kitchen, and I still have the old skool ceiling to redo to totally please the lil woman. You would never find our place that clean or empty usually, Im not taking a pic of the room now, the wife is a semi hoarder and Im lazy when I get home from the road. I like to buy old country houses and do what I can myself with my limited skills so things get done room by room. I was looking thru my photobucket for a pic with the newer dishwasher in it and that was it. This summer its gonna be finish her bathrooms. Maybe...

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We bought a instant tent at bass pro. Took it to Colorado first trip for a 3 night trip. Was good do go. Big tent 9x13 feet referred to as the Oklahoma embassy lol. I like it but only had it out once. Was real easy to put up first time up took 20 or so minutes with questionable help. I put a tarp down under the tent for added protection

Sent via message in a bottle

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we make it to Tulsa, I will try to check out Hahn's. Always a fan of "scratch & dent" type deals. Seems most companies I've researched have shite for warranty, anyways. And we have a home warranty that will cover it, regardless of if it is new, used, B-stock, self- or professionally-installed, etc. So that isn't so much of an issue.

I'm really pretty bleary-eyed at this point reading reviews, specs and all the assorted crap. Of course, only the big-box stores list any prices - Hahn's doesn't have a single price listed on their website, which makes it utterly and totally useless. All brands have people raving about how terrible they are. All models say the same. Well, I dunno, I'm not looking at the ones that are $1000-2000 for a dishwasher. That's just silly. But sadly, you cannot wade through the crap. My local Lowe's only shows 4 units in stock in black in the $400-600 range. All of which are $400-450, the next ones up are all KitchenAids at $700+. Quite a jump, really. Oh well... we're about to head to Lowe's here to see for ourselves, then likely head to Tulsa. Just such a PITA.

As for camping gear, I guess we'll check out the main big-box places and just find something.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a Whirlpool quiet partner 1 about 5 years ago and it cleans dishes better than any I have had.
The difference between the Quiet partner 1 and Quiet partner 2 is that the 2 has insulation in the door.
So I took the door skin off and insulated it with some of the insulation from the broken dishwasher.

I then insulated the top really well in the cavity and the sides are packed with insulation.
Barely hear it running.. If I do a load at bedtime I can open it up the next morning and dishes are still warm.. and I do not use the heated drying cycle.
Tight wad you know.

I have a used one that works if you need a free one.. neighbor updated to stainless from black and I took the old one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom