Tulsa Street Hustles (share ones you've heard here)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandma got hustled by a guy in OKC for a few bucks back in 99. I think it was at a homeland on 23rd. She was driving my uncles 97 expedition eddie bauer edition which is probably why. He gave some line about not having enough gas to make it home and she gave in.

I just remembered this one. A couple years ago i was going to do a FTF with mr GED down in seminole on a sunday morning, i was driving my 88 cougar which has some pretty oxidized paint on it and i stopped at the QT on 116th st north. I was pumping gas and next to me was a guy in a primer brown jeep CJ, he came over to me and handed me a $20 bill and said he was buying my gas for me. I dont know what i did to get a free 20 but i took it and said thanks, i was about broke so it did help me out. Guess I looked really poor.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was working in south Lawton, my helper was welding and I was getting the site cleaned up so we could get back to Okc when he finished. I heard something shuffling behind me and thought "he can't be finished already". When I turned, there was a drooling feller with a gold ring around his mouth, with begging hand extended. Startled the hell out of me, so I instinctively raised the crowbar i was putting on the truck and hollered something that's inappropriate to post here. He took off, falling several times, as fast as his paint induced euphoria would allow.

After that, I always kept an eye out for ol drooler when in Lawton.

TulsaBandit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was working in south Lawton, my helper was welding and I was getting the site cleaned up so we could get back to Okc when he finished. I heard something shuffling behind me and thought "he can't be finished already". When I turned, there was a drooling feller with a gold ring around his mouth, with begging hand extended. Startled the hell out of me, so I instinctively raised the crowbar i was putting on the truck and hollered something that's inappropriate to post here. He took off, falling several times, as fast as his paint induced euphoria would allow.

After that, I always kept an eye out for ol drooler when in Lawton.

If that's good ol' paint huffin' Crazy Larry I saw him outside B&D Foods (used to be the gas station next to the Sonic on W Lee. He waited until a couple went in to pay for gas, walked over to their car, and started huffing the fumes from their tank port.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was the time I was accosted by a leather-clad woman in the parking lot of a restaurant, and she had a tall female sidekick with her. They demanded some surplus 30-06, which I felt was prudent to hand over to them.
I'm guessing you happened to have just bought some ammo and these women didn't just walk up and say, "Hand over your 30-06!" :-p

Once, I had a guy come up as I was getting out of my car (Startled me because I didn't see him! There's a lesson there.) asking for money. I thought he meant for the parking meter, so I gave him a quarter. Turns out he wasn't trying to legally park; he wanted a beer. At 9:30 am. Sad.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that's good ol' paint huffin' Crazy Larry I saw him outside B&D Foods (used to be the gas station next to the Sonic on W Lee. He waited until a couple went in to pay for gas, walked over to their car, and started huffing the fumes from their tank port.

Crazy Larry, as far as I know, has passed on to his reward. He did like to sniff gas in his younger days, I heard, until he hit upon paint. Once he started huffing, it's said that he often washed his face with fuel he got out of the hoses on the gas pumps at the Jiffy store that used to be on Lee Blvd. Funniest thing he ever said to me, while he was reasonably sober,that is, was, "You know, people are crazy!"

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't read the whole thread yet.

I work in Downtown Tulsa, right around the corner from the bus station. We get all sorts of wack jobs with all manner of stories, especially getting off work late at night and on the weekends, etc... My favorites are the white guys dressed in business suits with some line about how they have to get home to Texas or OKC for some wife's/child's/parent's funeral or emergency medical procedure. We never give them any any money, but often times we will see the same guy again after three or four days. One time a buddy and I were going to dinner and he saw a guy that he gave a couple dollars to earlier in the week, and drove around to the other side of the parking lot and started yelling out the window at the people this bum was accosting, "Don't do it! He's a liar! He had the same story three days ago and suckered me in, don't do it!" etc... I was cracking up laughing.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dang, you guys in tulsa are a hard lot. Let me tell you about the genuine solid gold necklace I was able to purchase from a middle aged black gentleman, behind a local car wash in south okc. He only needed $50.00 to get back to muskogee. Well, so it was gold plated, at least the little tag said 14K. This was about a year ago, and funny, but I figured the sucker was lying at the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom