Tulsa Street Hustles (share ones you've heard here)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While driving a box truck for my uncle's company we would weekly wash it to keep him happy...Well one day in OKC cowtown we were washing the truck when a guy approached and asked for some change, my co-worker told him "you can have whatever we dont use" so he walked about 10 feet away. After a few minutes he approaches closer this time asking for our money, so we then said "eFF it, we already told ya once now you aint getting SH*T!" The man then pulls out a bent butter knife and says "give me ALL your money or Ill cut ya!" when he got close enough to my co-worker he was shoved away, in which his drunken @$$ fell to the ground. We then left with our extra $2.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What you see a lot especially downtown is people working parking lots taking $$ for event parking. I've had this happen several times and I always ask for some identification. The few times I've asked usually they give up after that. People will try anything for a buck beside getting a job.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like no one ever approaches me when I'm alone. I'm not huge or scary, but I'm also no Opie. I can usually spot people eyeballing me. I guess panhandlers prefer the element of surprise and are less likely to approach if they are being watched.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
^^^I like this!!! I don't recall more than one person approaching me and I gave her a scowl and a "get a job".

I go a step ahead of the "get a job" I usually tell them I've got some firewood to be cut, or I need the oil changed in my truck or what have you and I'll pay them to do that but they never take me up on the offer.

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my best one was at a truckstop in western Tennessee. I was in the seat doing my paperwork and heard a knock on the door and this guy tells me he's a diabetic and hasn't had food in over 12 hours. said he needs 10 or so bucks to eat on. I jumped in the sleeper area and grabbed a can of potted meat and a thing of crackers to pass out the window to him, and get told he needs cash. oh well guess you go hungry tonight .. he got really pissed and stopped off. I got my paper work done and moved on you never know what could happen .

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my best one was at a truckstop in western Tennessee. I was in the seat doing my paperwork and heard a knock on the door and this guy tells me he's a diabetic and hasn't had food in over 12 hours. said he needs 10 or so bucks to eat on. I jumped in the sleeper area and grabbed a can of potted meat and a thing of crackers to pass out the window to him, and get told he needs cash. oh well guess you go hungry tonight .. he got really pissed and stopped off. I got my paper work done and moved on you never know what could happen .

That reminds me of a time working with moms ex moving people one summer and a bum wanting cash bangs on the door while we are sleeping. Tell him to move along. next morning, get up fire up the truck and start to head out when we hear this loud crash and feels like someone just slammed into the truck or trailer. Get out and the front of the trailer is laying on the ground. The douche had pulled the king pin. the trailer was completely loaded down with about three homes full of stuff. it took about 3 hours to jack it up in the granny gear and I had to do most of the cranking!!!

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In south OKC i have been asked for spare cash and rides. An older white guy with a beard, typical homeless type asking for cash at a shell. And a black guy middle aged asking for a ride and a cigarette at the 7 eleven on 44th and bryant.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the other side of the curtain I was downtown after transsiberian orchestra. A guy walking along saw a guy sleeping in a sleeping bag by the old YMCA. Opened the darned thing up and either said something to the bum or gave him money. The sleeping bag lay still for a minute then after the guy let it down he opened it up to look if the person was gone. Was weird..

Latest posts

Top Bottom