TV Commercials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t believe nobody has mentioned how commercials prominently feature homosexuals these days or how minorities are being featured instead of whites. There is nothing wrong with having different races in commercials, but the reasons it’s being done are the problem. It’s to further divide our country. That’s it. As usual the left is using minorities to further divide and destroy our nation. I saw a planned parenthood commercial the other day on National Geographic Wild channel. Of course it was full of lies and propaganda about “women’s rights” and “constitutional rights” being violated. It was mostly black women on the commercial and it was asking for people to become supporters and to donate every month. I turned to my wife and said “ picture how blind these women are, planned parenthood was created to destroy the black race in America”. A racist white woman started it to kill as many blacks as she could. There is a reason so many planned parenthood centers are in minority communities. Yet these woman are begging people to donate to their own demise.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unlike the aforementioned Alan Merrill, Linda Soundtrack commercials ‘in the good old days’ NOW when gravel voice Gary, or that fat chick in the blue dress singing and dancing in the Jardiance commercial start……. I hit the MUTE button on the remote and check okshooters.com

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unlike the aforementioned Alan Merrill, Linda Soundtrack commercials ‘in the good old days’ NOW when gravel voice Gary, or that fat chick in the blue dress singing and dancing in the Jardiance commercial start……. I hit the MUTE button on the remote and check okshooters.com
Everyone in my extended family has beeched about the jardiance lady. But, her giant fat pad dangling around her knees when she dances has been etched into my brain.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have an antenna in the attic and we stream. The evolution of how programming is facilitated is interesting to me. First OTA. Then cable. Then streaming. Now, I'm back up to probably 40-50 channels on OTA.

I use a roku to stream just because I like the interface. I noticed they have a live TV channel available. It has a guide that pops up like cable and I'm guessing there must be 100 channels in there, some decent. They do have commercials, but it's free.

Amazon is going or has gone commercials, which sucks.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm not so sure that 'asking my doctor' whether a particular drug (with five fine-print pages of side effects!) may be a viable option for me... is really a world-class idea, after all.
I asked my Dr neighbor if those commercials really generate a lot of questions, demands. He said YES.. I know when I first graduated from pharmacy school it was illegal to advertise prescription medication. I wish we could roll that back.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There aren't many commercials I like, or even pay attention to for that matter, but aside from the big pharma commercials, it's Glover commercials for me! They air them over and over and over everyday and they ALWAYS have another sale or some kind of BS promotion that is supposed to be the be all end all event that one can't afford to miss. I wouldn't buy a vehicle from either of them if they were the only dealership in the state.

@foghorn918 I agree with your wife. I can't stand the Galleria guys voice either.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I asked my Dr neighbor if those commercials really generate a lot of questions, demands. He said YES.. I know when I first graduated from pharmacy school it was illegal to advertise prescription medication. I wish we could roll that back.
I wish they'd roll it back too. Lots of media would probably go belly-up without the drug dollars.

I kind of feel like instead of asking my doctor if a particular drug might help me, my doctor should maybe ask me? Although that whole opioid thing didn't work out so great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom