Two New Sniper Rifles-One You Ain't Goin' To Believe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The US Army AMU(Army Marksmanship Unit) has been shooting the .300WM for several years now for their long range competitions. I imagine that had something to do with the upgrade based on the AMU's track record of wins with that cartridge.

Correct and they've been saying they were gonna change to it for about as long.

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is one badass looking rifle - click on the link about halfway down for another photo - sign me up I'll test drive it.

Reminds me of the Savage LE 110BA - drooooollll

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So does this mean more 300win mag surplus ammo?

I sure hope so! Cheapest I can find is Federal Power Shok for $16.97 a box at Wal-Mart. I about had a heart attack when they didn't get any in for a long time and they filled the shelf space with something else. Luckly they got a fresh shipment in last week :thumbsup:

I need to get the Axiom stock for my Howa...Deer hunters wouldn't know what to think if I was toting that thing around!

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sure hope so! Cheapest I can find is Federal Power Shok for $16.97 a box at Wal-Mart. I about had a heart attack when they didn't get any in for a long time and they filled the shelf space with something else. Luckly they got a fresh shipment in last week :thumbsup:

I need to get the Axiom stock for my Howa...Deer hunters wouldn't know what to think if I was toting that thing around!

16.97 / box - I'm jealous - my 300WSM runs about 55 / box LOL

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea I'm hooked - I have a 300wsm and a 270wsm - but I must say - that 270WSM is my BABY - one of the best rounds I have ever shot - accurate - light on recoil - got a lot of BANG to it

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like them both, especially the caliber adaptability of the modular platform. Its got all the features that we all wished our old M24's had (i.e. adjustable cheekweld, stock length, caliber and free floated rails).

The only thing that would make me nervous *initially* about carrying this weapon would be the folding stock. Adjustable is great, but a folder usually means 2 big negatives for a sniper's rifle: 1) stability, seen a few collapsibles come close to fixed rigidity but never as solid and 2) i'm thinking a little mud, sand, or dirt in that joint and you make have are hard time getting that stock to move or at least lock back into the extended form.

May not have any problems and may love it but would be nervous at first.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Snipers gonna have some sore shoulders shooting the Win Mag and .338 Lapua.

They will have a muzzle brake I bet, won't be too bad to shoot.

Bascially, I was told that a suppressed 300WM has the recoil of a 243Win. If I remember correctly there is also an increase in velocity with the addition of the suppressor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom