Two New Sniper Rifles-One You Ain't Goin' To Believe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bascially, I was told that a suppressed 300WM has the recoil of a 243Win. If I remember correctly there is also an increase in velocity with the addition of the suppressor.

By any chance do you have any links that will verify the increase in velocity? I heard the "BOSS" on Winchester/Browning rifles enhanced accuracy but nothing on velocity.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea I'm hooked - I have a 300wsm and a 270wsm - but I must say - that 270WSM is my BABY - one of the best rounds I have ever shot - accurate - light on recoil - got a lot of BANG to it

My brother has a .270WSM, it's the only gun he shoots anymore. Every time I buy a new gun, he gets mad at me that it's not A) A Browning and B) A .270 WSM.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The past and current M24 SWS (Rem 700 action) was built with a long action, and although all were initially chambered in 308 in '88, they were capable of being re chambered in 300WM. As far back as '96, I recall that our Sniper Committee had a couple of their rifles converted to 300WM and the Navy ST8 guys had their bolt guns chambered in 300WM. A great source of free brass for me.

Surprised that they don't just rechamber/ rebolt them and at least use them for school.

Latest posts

Top Bottom