U.S. Apologizes for "abhorrent" syphilis study in Guatemala

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HEY, how ya doin? :goodmorning:

Last time we met was in that thread where you advocated the US should have hit squads to assassinate undesirables like the that guy that runs WikiLeaks.

Generally, (including the Wiki leaks) the US should use deadly force to protect our people and interests.
BTW just in case there is a Lefty here that doesn't like my opinion, Obama the Messiah has signed hit orders on some individuals. My idea of taking out our enemies is also US current policy.
So, Hobbes, I still think the same way as the last time we discussed it.
:goodmorning:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe the lack of patriotism in this thread. How dare you not support what those brave American doctors did? Guess who they did it for? YOU. They did it so you can sit here free from crotchal itch and gripe about it. It doesn't matter if it was a horrible idea and was totally unjustified... they did it for YOU, so who are you to disagree with it?

Syphillis is a serious threat to the national security of the United States, and any measures the government deems appropriate to deal with it should be supported by patriotic individuals.

Plus, this was done to a bunch of foreigners, so who gives a $h!7?

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
C'mon, now; by default, if the Germans killed the Jews, the Russians killed the Poles, the Japanese killed the Chinese, then we must certainly admit that the Americans killed the Indians, enslaved the blacks, crapped on the Irish and Itallians, and infected Guatemalans with syphilis, right?

You are talking about government policy, not about some privately or publicly employed individual or group that found the opportunity to commit crimes.
If you cannot see the difference, I'm truly sorry.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are talking about government policy, not about some privately or publicly employed individual or group that found the opportunity to commit crimes.

Damned internet; I guess I should have used a smiley for the "syphilis" part.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember the article correctly, US taxpayer dollars funded these experiments.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember the article correctly, US taxpayer dollars funded these experiments.

I don't see that as the issue. Were the experiments ordered by the President or Congress as official US business or were they the stupidity and lack of morals of subordinates?
I think it makes a world of difference. In the first case it is the "We the people" who are responsible, in the second the people who came up with the nightmare scenarios.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
..............Also, why would the Left want to hurt the US?
I don't claim to fully understand the mentality of the Left.
Why would they push for the Kyoto and Copenhagen agreements that would have put us in a much worse economic position than we already are, while China and India among other countries would have benefited. Why is the Left preventing us from producing our own oil like every other nation in the world does, at a time of severe depression. Why are they constantly pushing for gun control when the Constitution protects gun ownership. Why are they constantly trying to empower the UN at the expense of US sovereignty. Most likely because they are like the kids that would rather break a toy rather than share it. They want total control of the US and they can't have it.
Somebody would have to be retarded to actually think this would ever hurt the US.
Believe it or not the US has enemies out there that will make sure they get all the mileage they can out of it. Information travels around the globe with the speed of light. This kind of information will spread among our enemies as one more proof of how evil we are, one more reason to take us down one more notch if they can.
There is so much animosity on this board towards a group of people who think differently than us it is truly astounding. I've never seen such a high concentration of hatred as I've seen on this board in my life.
I must be missing something, where is the hatred? I thought we exchanged opinions. Do you hate people that dare disagree with you? If so I am sorry to hear that.
I have friends that are very liberal and we pretty much don't agree on how things should be run but they still love this country and we just agree to disagree. It's the way this country is supposed to be ran, it's called compromising.
I have liberal friends also and love them, they are wrong in my opinion but hey, they'll see the light sooner or later. I hope.
If we let just the right wingers run this country it would be just a screwed up as if the left wingers ran this country. I don't get why you guys think only right wingers love this country and if you're a "liberal" then you must hate this country. Right wingers don't have a monopoly on patriotism or American pride.
I am actually a person that sees a role for the Left. They saved many pensions from being looted by corporations thanks to legislation they passed that protected further loss. The Left today is over represented in the news and entertainment media creating a power imbalance for their numbers.
I guess I just get tired of everything turning into a political debate. :rant::soapbox:
Start a football thread, no politics there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom