Update an Iphone??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I don't like the iphone. I used to own every apple phone but no more. I got tired of the same old crap. I tunes controls everything. On my note 2 I don't have to plug my phone in ever, except to charge the phone. Best decision I ever made as far as a phone is concerned.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I update wireless just the Android fanboys do. I also backup my data on iCloud so I don't have to worry and it all syncs between devices. No worries here.

I tried a Galaxy S4 for a week and really liked it but I went back to my iPhone. I know there was probably an Android app that would play all my iTunes music but it ticked me off that the codec wasn't built in to do that, even my POS Blackberry plays my iTunes music. The other reason is I like the integration with my iPad; I have an app on my iPad that gets me into my company email and out IT security folks will only approve it for the iPad, no Android devices.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't need an iPhone.

Seriously, if this is an issue, you would be better served with a different smart phone.

If you're that far behind, you're probably due an update for your phone, so see what you qualify for, and get a different type of phone.

mlg1444

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been an Iphoner for a long time and im just about done with them we are getting left in the dust. But im not there yet, im giving them one more phone to change their ways and caught up.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is one reason I don't own an Apple product. When my Nexus 4 has an update, it pops up on the notification bar, I click it, it tells me it wants to update the version of Android I'm running. I say OK, 5 minutes later I'm updated, no settings lost, no information to restore, no apps gone, it's just done.

This is the way my iPhone works, too. Chances are your Nexus is newer than the OPs iPhone, but mine has done this for the last 3 updates spanning multiple years.

This is why I don't like the iphone. I used to own every apple phone but no more. I got tired of the same old crap. I tunes controls everything. On my note 2 I don't have to plug my phone in ever, except to charge the phone. Best decision I ever made as far as a phone is concerned.

Glad it worked out for you, but you're 3000 tons angry about a 35 pound inconvenience. An you should be pulling files and pics off your phone anyway, or else you're destined to be one of those people who gets their phone stolen or broke and sends out a FB update reading "OMG. STUPID PHONE. SEND ME YOUR NUMBER CAUSE MY PHONE IS GONE AND I LOST IT. THX" and then gripes about losing all the priceless pictures it contained.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told at an AT&T store that you can take a free class on how to use iTunes at the Apple Stores. I've hated iTunes since the first time I used it and it put all the bookmarks from my desktop PC on my iPhone.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last time I updated I lost everything
Years worth of contacts I still haven't been able to replace!
Freaking suck!!!!
Make sure to back up your phone before you update it. Not just the auto update that it does before the update either!!!

I take screen shots of my contacts page and email them to myself. It might suck hand typing them back in, but they aren't lost forever.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hip.... Do you have a laptop by chance? If you brought a computer over one night I could show ya how to do it. Once you get to ios6 I think. You won't have to plug in again other then to backup maybe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom