Used/cheap shop building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Catching up on this thread. A guy I work with had his 30x40x12 spray foamed. It was substantially less than 16k. I’m thinking it was 4200ish. He’ll be in here for coffee in about 30 min, I’ll ask him.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Catching up on this thread. A guy I work with had his 30x40x12 spray foamed. It was substantially less than 16k. I’m thinking it was 4200ish. He’ll be in here for coffee in about 30 min, I’ll ask him.
Please do, cuz if it’s closed cell spray foam and 3” thick that seems incredibly cheap

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I just paid $6200 to have the two sides of my barn spray-foamed. 12'x25'x9' per side. That was for 2" thick, closed cell foam. It was the best price I could find.

$4200 for a barn that size would be a no-brainer and I'd find the money...before the crack that guy's smokin' wore off.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please do, cuz if it’s closed cell spray foam and 3” thick that seems incredibly cheap
Would you Tyvek or something so that the foam wouldn't actually bond to the metal? That's the only issue I see with spray foam (other than it's expensive). I'm just wondering when it comes through and hails on your roof, wouldn't you lose all your insulation too if it's sprayed on the metal?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want it sprayed on the metal. It creates a great moisture barrier. Hail is not gonna knock this stuff off of anything. It's extremely difficult to remove once it's applied. It also adds a substantial amount of structural integrity to metal-sided buildings.

I'd certainly recommend getting all your electric installed before the foam, if you decide to go that route.

Latest posts

Top Bottom