Using Oklahoma CHL in place of BGC at Local Gun Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Swung by my local gun shop today and picked up a Glock. I was able to fill out my 4473 and hand them my CHL. Instead of calling it in or entering the details in NICS. In the approval code box, they simply write CHL and the number. Pretty cool and super fast.
Thank you OK Second Amendment Foundation for championing this legislation through a couple of years ago.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Swung by my local gun shop today and picked up a Glock. I was able to fill out my 4473 and hand them my CHL. Instead of calling it in or entering the details in NICS. In the approval code box, they simply write CHL and the number. Pretty cool and super fast.
Thank you OK Second Amendment Foundation for championing this legislation through a couple of years ago.
I know it's limited to a certain date range, does anyone know what that is? As in when you got your SDA card.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Um, I think you mean the Oklahoma 2nd Amendment Association.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only date on my renewal is Sept 1st, 2023. So, there is no other date for the FFL to go by so we should be good. Just watch out for the big box store they might have their own rules. I asked a gun counter guy at Academy, and he swore up and down that was not the case.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What would the 5 year period have to do with anything?
The provision that allows us to use our CHL requires that you have had a complete background check in the last five years. In Oklahoma you can get a five-year or a 10 year CHL the five-year qualifies for 10 year does not.
At least that is my understanding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom