USSA taking steel targets away

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steel challenge was still set up yesterday. I think the concern here was for the bays on which people shoot rifle. MP9 still had steel on it but the bays on that row are 25m bays. If you shoot at steel with rifles from inside 50m you're probably not going to have a good day. You can still shoot rifle in those bays, though. Hopefully the steel doesn't have to start disappearing from those bays, as well.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Staff was aware he was there. I don't think I would have minded so much if he had just let me shoot it ! :D

I probably wouldn't have minded either. I'm guessing then that the range use rules can be modified on the fly by the staff on hand? I had the understanding that USSA was not to allow 50 BMG because of the close proximity to aircraft.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
guy at the counter yesterday said there was steel on 19 i could shoot with rifle as long as I was 25yards out. There wasn't any there either way. Guess someone should tell him. Either way no biggie, but would be nice to have the option at some longer ranges to shoot some steel.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Minimum is supposed to be 75 yds with rifle calibers. Don't people read the range rules?

What about what I wrote has anything to do with the range rules? I was talking specifically about the 25m bays having steel and that it's a bad idea to shoot steel from inside 50m.

I know that instruction has been given from the 50m line and out with rifles hitting steel, FWIW.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
guy at the counter yesterday said there was steel on 19 i could shoot with rifle as long as I was 25yards out. There wasn't any there either way. Guess someone should tell him. Either way no biggie, but would be nice to have the option at some longer ranges to shoot some steel.
19 was where they told me I had to shoot rifle at 25. But that was on paper they said. Guess it depends on who you talk to. Nothing less than full range shooting on SC anymore.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about what I wrote has anything to do with the range rules? I was talking specifically about the 25m bays having steel and that it's a bad idea to shoot steel from inside 50m.

I know that instruction has been given from the 50m line and out with rifles hitting steel, FWIW.

Mainly just what I quoted from what you said, that's all. Tongue in cheek. The Membership Field Guide says 75 yards, but I can't speak to what may be done under supervised instruction. Different set of rules, I know.

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys n gals, let me explain. I am a USSA Ragemaster. I took the last piece of steel off SC on Tuesday for repair, we just got shielding gas for the welder yesterday, steel for SC and mp18 will be back up as repairs are completed, unless I get told otherwise.
As for malicious destruction, maybe, probably, but I can not prove it 100% so I will not say it is happening.
As members of USSA you should report any activity that does not comply with our rules, such as any unsafe actions, people shooting target stands, steel hangers, and etc.
As for the rules, everybody goes through orientation.
Hope that clears it up, and sorry for any inconvenience.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys n gals, let me explain. I am a USSA Ragemaster. I took the last piece of steel off SC on Tuesday for repair, we just got shielding gas for the welder yesterday, steel for SC and mp18 will be back up as repairs are completed, unless I get told otherwise.
As for malicious destruction, maybe, probably, but I can not prove it 100% so I will not say it is happening.
As members of USSA you should report any activity that does not comply with our rules, such as any unsafe actions, people shooting target stands, steel hangers, and etc.
As for the rules, everybody goes through orientation.
Hope that clears it up, and sorry for any inconvenience.

So, much ado about nothing?

OH INTERNET DRAMA, HOW I LOVE THEE :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom