Vehicle sold by David Stanley with Tinted Windshield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Bead is pinched between the ring and rim will all those bolts. All the ones I encounter usually cover most of the center wheel and are not usually used on the road, and usually 3-6psi air.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mall crawlin' is a tough sport. You may not be cut out for it. Takes thick skin.

OK. I couldn't pass this one up. While I don't do any off-roading, my nephew has a Jeep Rubicon that has been lifted 4 1/2 inches and has 37-inch tires. He loves getting off into the Colorado mountains on some of the back trails. Below is his jeep and the last photo is of a sticker he put on the back window just for grins and giggles.

I get to "exercise" his Jeep while he's overseas, but I stick to somewhat maintained roads just to get some photos. I'm not ready for rock crawling.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was under the impression Oklahoma got rid of the tint law years ago due to no way to enforce it as an officer cant visually say it is too dark, they have to use a device to measure the window tint and most agencies don't have those devices.

Tulsa Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was under the impression Oklahoma got rid of the tint law years ago due to no way to enforce it as an officer cant visually say it is too dark, they have to use a device to measure the window tint and most agencies don't have those devices.

A few years ago Broken Arrow said they were going to start enforcing it, the ticket was $200. If I remember correctly the department bought around 10 of the tint meter enforcers, anything under 25% tint was a ticket.
http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/new-technology-allows-broken-arrow-police-nab-driv/nSLYf/

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we first moved to Iowa from CA 15 years ago to set up a shop in Des Moines I got pulled over in our small suburb we moved to just outside DM in my Supra for my side windows being too dark. Cop said if he saw me again and they werent changed out he would ticket me AND lock it up. I didnt do it, drove with them down whenever I could but eventually he got me again with them up, and he did what he said he was going to do. I reluctantly changed them out when I got it out of impound but was confused about it cause nobody ever hassled me in CA about them as long as the sides werent as dark as the rear. All of my current cars and trucks have dark tint on the sides and rear and my trucks have the 5" strips at the top of windshields, in 12 years out in Wagoner county I have never been hassled once for them. Now, my exhaust systems, thats another story...

Latest posts

Top Bottom