Venison Recipes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take either backstrap or a small roast. Cut them into small peices (big enough to fit into half a jalapeno. Put in a bowl 2 cups of milk, 1/2 bottle of zesty italian dressing, and a little mustard (just but you a nice squirt into the mix) 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke, 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sause, a littel pepper and some daddy hinkles. Mix all this up and drop your meat into it. Let set in the fridge over night.

Cut your jalapeno's in half long ways, cut out the seeds and dry the middles out. Fill the middle with cream cheese, put your deer meat ontop of the cream cheese and wrap with bacon. Put a tooth pick to hold it all together.

Either grill them for about 10 minutes on each side or heat the smoker up to around 200 and let set for about 45 minutes.

You can also boil half an onion and use this instead of the peppers.

This has always been a hit every where. Even for the people that say they dont like dear meat. Let me know how it turns out for everyone.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For a burger recipe:
two lbs of venison burger
1 large onion
2 large bell peppers
Diced Jalapenos (if desired)
1/2 cup minute rice
fresh mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic or 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
two cans of campbell's golden mushroom soup

dice up 1/2 of the onion and 1 of the bell peppers,
Mix the meat, rice, diced onion, garlic, jalapenos in a bowl.
Make thin patties, cover both sided with flour, and fry in skillet.
When done set on paper towels to drain.
mix both cans of the campbell's golden mushroom soup with one can of milk, and whisk.
Put a layer of patties in a large baking dish.
Pour 1/2 of the soup over the patties. Cut the remaining onion and bell pepper into long strips, and put half on top of the patties.
Sprinkle a layer of sharp cheddar cheese on top.
Put another layer of patties on top of the cheese, put the remaining onion and bell pepper along with sliced fresh mushrooms on top. Some fresh cracked pepper on top of that.
Preheat oven to 350
Cook for 1 hour or until the vegi's are done, and its all bubbly.
Just before removing from the oven, sprinkle more sharp cheddar cheese on top and allow it to melt.
Let it rest, covered on the counter for about 15 minutes, and chow down

You can also do this with steaks instead of the burger. If doing it with steaks, let it cook for 2 hours in the oven, and the steaks will be so tender they will fall apart.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
anyone try these recipes yet. dennishoddy I have a roast that I am going to turn into burger meat. Then I will try that burger recipe. Sounds great.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Moore's liquid marinade and soak butterflied back straps for about 30 minutes to an hour in full strength marinade. If I soak for longer than an hour such as all afternoon I use about 75 percent marinade and 25 percent water. Moore's is very similar to Dale's marinade, but the Moore's has less sodium.
I use Dale's liquid marinade the same as Moore's if an hour or less but go 50/50 marinade/water for longer, up to overnight.
I heat the grill up to about 400 degrees and immediately turn it down and to obtain 300 degrees and it takes about 8-9 minutes for the first half, flip for about 6-8 more minutes of grilling to about a medium finish. This makes for a very juicy steak.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oven roated venison.

Venison shoulder roast. Onions, potatoes, mushrooms, peeled baby carrots, sweet bell pepper.

Season roast lightly with Lowrys season salt, kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Add 2 potatoes cut to bite sized pieces, sliced onion rings, brunoise cut bell pepper with baby carrots and sliced mushroomms to roastsing pan with a cup of water. Roast at 375 degrees for 1 hour uncovered. Remove from oven cover and roast an additional 45 minutes or until done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom