Veteran shot at gun range - guns stolen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers go out to the victim and his friends and family as well. As an aside, if the names Matix and Platt mean anything to you, that was their M.O.--they got the guns and ammo they used in their crimes by ambushing shooters at out of the way locations.
I was going to post this up last night. IIRC two of the cars they used in robberies were stolen from those they murdered at the rock pit. They would just murder you for your car and guns.

progun40

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like this place needs to be cleaned up and cleared out for safety. I don't shoot there, but I have a chain saw, tools & access to a trailer. If the OSA community is willing to gather up a work party and the ODWC approved it, I'm in. We don't need our fellow shooters (and vets & elderly) getting bushwacked when they're exercising their 2A rights! :(

Glocktogo, this is a great idea! I have never been there and I'm not close but if we can get a date I will drive up with tools and trailer and help out. This might be the only place a good citizen has to shoot or take their kid to learn. Rather then close it down or let dirt bags take it over lets clean it up. I know a couple guys that work in Wagoner County I can talk to them about extra patrols in the area.

casey1982

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
reddog1 said:
It wasn't this.guy, if he did.try to fight you, he would have had a reason.

He always wore a tore up old brown coat.

So you do know which guy I'm talking about. On several occasions ive been out there and passed him, set on the far side table 30 min later he walks up and starts chewing on my ass for being a young punk and disrespectful..... Whenever i didn't even look in his direction.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you do know which guy I'm talking about. On several occasions ive been out there and passed him, set on the far side table 30 min later he walks up and starts chewing on my ass for being a young punk and disrespectful..... Whenever i didn't even look in his direction.

Did you shoot his targets, or shoot downrange while he was out setting his targets?

One would have to do somthing, to get this fellow to act like that.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Who owns this property? Is it actually a "range" or just some land that people have shot at for years and years and it's gone down hill?

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like this place needs to be cleaned up and cleared out for safety. I don't shoot there, but I have a chain saw, tools & access to a trailer. If the OSA community is willing to gather up a work party and the ODWC approved it, I'm in. We don't need our fellow shooters (and vets & elderly) getting bushwacked when they're exercising their 2A rights! :(
if you get it set up on a sunday or a saturday afternoon im in. never been there but heard about it quite abit, both good and bad. last i heard its the only free public range in the (at least the eastern part) state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom