Virgin Islands Gun Seizures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the Gov't be allowed to seize Firearms to support the National Guards efforts?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 58 100.0%
  • Depends on the Incident

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do citizens of the USVI have the same constitutional protections as American citizens?

I've looked two different times today and the closest I could come to a mainstream site covering this was an ABC link off of a clickbait page and they didn't touch this subject, wasn't mentioned at all. Figures...

But I found that they are considered citizens and they vote which IIRC they are voting for delegates. Beyond that I'm clueless, but there's a lot more to it than that. I didn't have a lot of time to look due to work.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/05/v...d-to-seize-guns-ammo-ahead-of-hurricane-irma/

Interesting
for sure....
We had to ride out Hurricane Ivan in Barbados/2004. The eye of the storm turned at the last minute and hit Grenada with Barbados missing the brunt. The winds were high enough that it actually blew some of the tarmac off the runways shutting down the airport for several days with one fatality, but it was scary as hell with us in the bathroom all night holding back the storm surge with our feet on a mattress holding blankets stuffed under and around the door. We had to spend most of the week in the walled resort with reports of looters armed with machete's getting revenge and giving paybacks. Meanwhile on Grenada that was devastated, Prisoners that were captured during the US invasion of Grenada got out of the prison and used machetes to wreak havoc on the island until they were captured.
I wouldn't worry about guns in the VI. I'd be going after machetes. We have some amazing pictures.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2004/sep/09/naturaldisasters.climatechange

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had to ride out Hurricane Ivan in Barbados/2004. The eye of the storm turned at the last minute and hit Grenada with Barbados missing the brunt. The winds were high enough that it actually blew some of the tarmac off the runways shutting down the airport for several days with one fatality, but it was scary as hell with us in the bathroom all night holding back the storm surge with our feet on a mattress holding blankets stuffed under and around the door. We had to spend most of the week in the walled resort with reports of looters armed with machete's getting revenge and giving paybacks. Meanwhile on Grenada that was devastated, Prisoners that were captured during the US invasion of Grenada got out of the prison and used machetes to wreak havoc on the island until they were captured.
I wouldn't worry about guns in the VI. I'd be going after machetes. We have some amazing pictures.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2004/sep/09/naturaldisasters.climatechange

At least they can do this...

Medical students from the US, fearful of marauders, armed themselves with knives and sticks, the Associated Press reported.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do United States Marshals have jurisdiction in the USVI? Because if so, I believe they have a governor to detain. :(

Oh damn!

popcorn1.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least they can do this...
No kidding. We didn't know it at the time, but a son of a friend was going to med school there. Said he was scared to death. It got pretty ugly I guess. One of the deepest trenches in the ocean is between Barbados and Grenada. The next day we walked the beach looking at all the dead critters washed up from the deep in the storm surge surf. Some really strange looking creatures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom