Virgin Islands Gun Seizures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the Gov't be allowed to seize Firearms to support the National Guards efforts?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 58 100.0%
  • Depends on the Incident

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, one person could stop it if he wanted.

Couldn't President Trump just federalize the Guard and send in marshalls to enforce federal law?

I wouldn't be surprised from this President, honestly.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, one person could stop it if he wanted.

Couldn't President Trump just federalize the Guard and send in marshalls to enforce federal law?

I wouldn't be surprised from this President, honestly.
That's possible I guess? Don't know how quick that process takes.
You know what Mitch Mcconnell said, "Trump hasn't been in this business to know how long things take to happen in the Senate"

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what Mitch Mcconnell said, "Trump hasn't been in this business to know how long things take to happen in the Senate"

From what i understand, it's a presidential prerogative. He could literally do it within minutes by simply signing an order.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that would fall within the purview of the executive branch and not subject to congressional oversight. I'm sure McConnell could whip up a sternly worded and completely ineffective resolution though. I hear cucks are pretty good at those. LOL

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what i understand, it's a presidential prerogative. He could literally do it within minutes by simply signing an order.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that would fall within the purview of the executive branch and not subject to congressional oversight. I'm sure McConnell could whip up a sternly worded and completely ineffective resolution though. I hear cucks are pretty good at those. LOL

Still don't know if he can without declaring Martial Law where the feds take over?
Just speculating here without actually knowing the law for the record.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still don't know if he can without declaring Martial Law where the feds take over?
Just speculating here without actually knowing the law for the record.

no harm in that.

There was a case in Little Rock, Arkansas that i can remember off the top of my head where President Eisenhower federalized the national guard to enforce a court order down there.

I don't believe martial law is a necessary prerequisite to federalization.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good point. We will have to see how this turns out.
It may be bad for a short period, but with the NRA backing it, that situation will never happen again.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't the "I lost all my guns in a boating accident" defense be applicable here?

Seriously, unless there is some type of overreaching gun laws in effect in the first place, how would they know you have them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom