Waco incident 4-19-93

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hesitate to post in this thread because there are already OKC conspiracy theories being hinted at and it's probably headed for far left field but what the hay.

In short I think both Waco and Ruby Ridge were colossal DOJ fawkups that led to a spike in right-wing terrorist activity in which the government was complicit much in the same way as U.S. foreign policy is responsible for radical Islamic terrorism directed at the western world.

Last edited:

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that is entirely true.

Actually, I was thinking that the feds were making pretty good offers to him in negotiations, but Koresh claimed that he needed to write some religious documents before surrendering.

That whole mess is a result of both the government's and David Koresh's stubbornness. However, reading back at the Wikipedia accounts of the history of the Branch Davidians and the siege, it certainly seems that Koresh was as nuts as Jim Jones in that mass suicide event.

I certainly don't have much sympathy for the Branch Davidians. The men seemed to willingly relinquish their own wives when Koresh ruled that only he could have sexual relations with the women of the cult. Anyone that would do that is just morally and ethically wrong.

are these good reasons to justify our governed be burned alive?

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hesitate to post in this thread because there are already OKC conspiracy theories being hinted at and it's probably headed for far left field but what the hay.

In short I think both Waco and Ruby Ridge were collossal DOJ fawkups that led to spike in right-wing terrorist activity in which the government was complicit much in the same way as U.S. foreign policy is responsile for radical Islamic terrorism directed at the western world.

Thanks for sharing, our government still has a chance to stop radical Muslims.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think anyone here is saying that the government handled the situation well or did the right thing.

Period.

They should have handled it like they handling the "thang" up in Oregon.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So if you are perceived to be different, or odd, or wakey, and the you happen break the law in a non-violent manner it's okay for the government to burn you and all occupants of your living quarters alive..?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think anyone here is saying that the government handled the situation well or did the right thing.

Period.

They should have handled it like they handling the "thang" up in Oregon.

Actually, I pointedly challenged the lone dissenter as to that in the other thread. He ultimately admitted that what they did was perfectly acceptable, because Koresh wanted it. :rolleyes2

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, I pointedly challenged the lone dissenter as to that in the other thread. He ultimately admitted that what they did was perfectly acceptable, because Koresh wanted it. :rolleyes2

Roll your eyes. it was a good government kill of children. It was what it was, law man.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There seems to be some confusion between what Koresh "wanted" to happen, and what actually happened. Did Koresh "want" to be burned to death with his followers? No, he did not. The crucial point is that he expected to triumph at Waco. He believed himself to be the Second Coming incarnate, and therefore able to lead his "forces" to victory in a cosmic battle of good vs. evil. He fully believed that he would fulfill End Times prophecy (as he understood it) and that he would triumph in the end. He was an apocalyptic nutcase whose fantastic view of his place in the cosmic scheme of things was fatally flawed. It is unfortunate that he convinced others to believe with him in this fatally flawed vision, but that is what happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom