Walmart Police State in Full Force Tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Walmart on I40 at MacArthur was packed. We were driving home. I don't do Black Friday but it is an excellent opportunity to watch some really stupid people proudly displaying their stupidity. They wear it like a badge of honor.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The closest I get to black Friday shopping is passing the 24 hour McDonalds at Mustang Rd and I-40 on my way to hunting. Thought about getting food there last year and kept on driving. The line for the drive through was wrapped around the building. Not with 4 wheel drive trucks driven by guys in camo. But Mini-vans and SUVs driven by crazy ass women and men that were to dumb to get out of it.

That place is always packed.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I avoid going ANY where near 71st between Garnett and Sheridan in Tulsa on Black Friday. Heck, I try not to go to any stores at all.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "cattle barricades" are quite fitting, being that's what most of those people act like when the gate opens. You couldn't pay me to be apart of that mess.

I've only participated in the mess once. 10 gallon Shop Vac for $30 a few years ago. Sold then (and now) for $100+/-.

I went in with a plan. I texted someone I knew who worked there and found out where in the store it was located. (This store wasn't a 24-hour store at the time.) I arrived at approximately 0330 and navigated my way to the front lines through conversation. When the doors opened at 0500, I went directly to the product, avoiding the action alleys and not bothering with a cart that would've hindered my mission. I picked up the box and carried it to the checkout, once again avoiding the action alley. I was checked out by 0505. After placing the item in my car, I returned to the store at approximately 0520. By that point, the bargain battles had subsided and everyone was checking out. Only then did I scour the "deals" and look for possible gifts. By 0530, management was already marking down the slow items that had already been marked down for Black Friday by as much as 50%.

Would I do it now? No. I worked for $10/hr then (and some weeks, less than minimum wage - great thing about salaried positions, by the way). Now, I can come out ahead by still paying full price on all but the big electronics deals, and even the electronics deals aren't going to be bargains any more if I'm willing to wait 3 months.

Now I do sit and watch some of the first-to-click deals that come across Facebook and through email. That's how I got my 5500w Generac generator for ~$260 shipped.

Latest posts

Top Bottom