Walmart Police State in Full Force Tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done Black Friday several times. It was better this year, since Walmart broke it up into 3 events. Not fights, no rudeness (well there was this ONE woman) and I got most everything I came for. I actually enjoyed myself.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done Black Friday several times. It was better this year, since Walmart broke it up into 3 events. Not fights, no rudeness (well there was this ONE woman) and I got most everything I came for. I actually enjoyed myself.

I got the fire safe this year. In Enid, nobody realizes that the gun counter is open for checkout. Always easy for me to get my items and get out quickly.

Always check the gun counter instead of the front at wal mart

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear Walmart is using former Blackwater security forces disguised as Walmart stock crew. They are distinguishable by the smiley face badges that they wear. AVOID ALL CONTACT WITH PEOPLE WITH SMILEY FACE BADGES.

Penn Square Mall in OKC is total chaos and I love it LOLz. Every lot is full and you'd think it was mid-day Saturday afternoon in March.

In all seriousness, Black Friday is fun. This is the one time in the year where OKC is actually alive at 1 in the morning. I wish shops were always open this late with this many people out and about. It reminds me of NYC. Best Buy on May Ave was completely packed with 2 squad cars and full security force. Went in and checked out some of the deals, said "hi." to a few people I knew and headed out.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the people that do black friday are nuts. None of the deals are worth wasting that much time and dealing with that many idiots that early/late.

I know people out still and will be out for hours to come. Not me I'll use the black friday online deals and cyber monday. May not save as much but I saved stress, headache, and time.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only participated in the mess once. 10 gallon Shop Vac for $30 a few years ago. Sold then (and now) for $100+/-.

Same here. I was at Target on Thanksgiving night, 2011, to get a LG Optimus V smartphone for my Virgin Mobile account. Waited two hours (and forgot my gloves-brrrr!) and when I finally was let in (they let in about 20 every 30 seconds) I went right to electronics. There were three phones left on an end cap and an associate was giving one of them to a woman. A man next to me said "I'll take the other two," which got me pissed since the ad said "limit one", so I spoke up and said, "didn't the ad say one phone per customer?" The associate said, "Yeah, that's right" and handed me the next phone. I immediately went to checkout and then to my car. Total time in store? About 10-12 minutes. I barely had time to thaw out my hands, but I got the phone I wanted for $80 off ($49.95 vs. $129.95). I think it was worth the effort-once.

Update: I strolled into the Target here in BA at about 2:30 PM. I went back to the electronics section and there were about four of the BF sale Kyocera Rise phones on a hook. A quick check confirmed they were still $29.99, so one followed me home!

Last edited:

WillR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And all this is why I will be helping set up the OKCGC's 3-gun match today. You all should come on out tomorrow. Sign up starts about 9. Don't have all the stuff? No problem. Bring what you have and we will help you out with the rest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom