Wanenmacher gun show April 1-2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Excitement level for upcoming Wanenmacher

• Well Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Gotta mow the yard

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Wake me up when it's Monday

Votes: 15 16.0%

• Total voters

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I talked with Doug Giraud Saturday. I have 2 of his annealing machines, so when I saw one and a case trimmer I stopped dead in my backpack because I've only seen 1 at a gun show. Imagine my surprise when I realized who was behind the table.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I talked with Doug Giraud Saturday. I have 2 of his annealing machines, so when I saw one and a case trimmer I stopped dead in my backpack because I've only seen 1 at a gun show. Imagine my surprise when I realized who was behind the table.
I saw that too. He wasn’t at the table when I was there.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First timer to the show. Went looking for a Marlin/Henry lever gun in 41 mag and/or bolt gun in 221 FB. Found a Marlin in 41 mag. Made an offer and was declined. Went back later to look it over again and noticed a small chip in wood that id missed. Felt good that he declined my offer. Found a couple bolt guns (Rem and CZ) in 221 FB but both were too high. Bought a Ruger M77 in 243 Win and left with an unfired Nosler M48 in 257 Roberts. Saw a bunch of people looking left and walking right and vice versa. Didnt really run into the back pack problem. Did see a couple guys on motor carts that needed an adjusting in their driving skills. Hopefully the guy with the peg leg was right in front of them often.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Dangit! I know others that have met Hickok45. I’ve never got the chance. What time was it?
He had a seminar at the last pre-covid Shot Show (2020)....My kid loves him and asked for an autograph. He's a genuinely nice fella and has no problem talking to folks.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of deals and money changing hands Friday. It was crowded Saturday but the best deals were from people tired of carrying what they brought. I did manage to pick up a few boxes of some awesome 38 special +p+ 110 gr Winchester ammo. I think they call it the Treasury Load. I found the best deals after lunch Sunday from individuals. Picked up a Winchester Model 100 in .243, a pre lock S&W 642, and a Remington 7400 synthetic stocked 270. Got them all for at least 20-30% less than Gunbroker prices.

1680547779178.png

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you trade for that .243 at southwest corner upper level in the afternoon? Do you collect 88 and 100 model?
I bought the model 100 from an individual with his own table on the North side about row 20-25. It has a cracked stock and the bluing is thin on the barrel in a couple places, but the firing pin recall work had been done per the owner. We'll see when I get it apart to clean it. I don't collect 100's or 88's. In fact, it's the first 100 I've ever bought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom