Wanenmacher Report - anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a bad show, but I saw a lot of empty tables, which is unusual. Picked up a cheap Stevens 311 16 gauge, and finally got me a Polish M44. Also picked up a couple of ammo cans. Will probably go back tomorrow morning and maybe haul a rifle around and try to sell it. Also got to meet Hickock45 this afternoon. I'm 6'-5", and was looking up to him - he's a pretty tall guy.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went late. Got there around noon or so. Parked way out in the middle of the race track. No wait to get in. Was somewhat crowded but has been worse before.

Got a really good ammo deal on 6.5 grendel. Hornady Black 123gr ELDx marked for 19.95/bx. Young man working the booth came over and said if I bought ten boxes or more he’d drop the price to $15/bx. Sold!

Also bought a used Hornady LNL progressive press (looked like new) with powder thrower, 2 sets of dies, shell plates, bushings, collets and some other accessories for $325 cash-n-carry. Wasn’t sure if it was a good deal since I’ve never used a progressive but my buddy assured me it was and that he’d help me set it up. Dies for 9mm and .223, etc. Am set up to load for 9mm, but with its inexpensiveness right now, will probably only load for 5.56 and 6.5grendel.

Last edited:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did pretty well yesterday and today, but crowd was down this morning, and overall buying was down from previous shows. Still had a great time seeing folks I hadn't seen in a while, eating some good food brought in by the wife of one of our group, and enjoying laughing at the people who obviously should not have access to firearms.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Typical high prices and lots of guns to look at. Only found one gun I was looking for. Got some ammo, walked around all day and now I’m tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the one to go to.I can spend several hours at the Wanenmacher.Most of the other shows I walk through in 20 minutes and am ready to go.
I agree with all you've said. The only thing I'll add--you can spend several hours looking, but you'll never be able to see it all. There simply is more stuff there than you have time to see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom