Wanenmacher Show in Tulsa “Reality Question”.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A old banned for life member from here took a $200 rifle and flipped and flipped and flipped “I lost count” till he walked out with a shotgun worth way more and cash in his pocket. I seen it with my own eyeballs! I have not been in 4 years, if the mask crap is gone away I will go.

That used to be the fun of it for me too. You could take a 22 pistol and a little cash in with you, Then after a day of wheeling and dealing maybe leave with an AK and beer money.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That used to be the fun of it for me too. You could take a 22 pistol and a little cash in with you, Then after a day of wheeling and dealing maybe leave with an AK and beer money.
Yep! Many years ago I went up there with a Remington 700 .308 and $300 cash. Two trades later and some cash and I left with Colt Lightning pump rifle in .32-20 with the Colt letter. Best gun show trip ever.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does Tulsa still have a "mask mandate"? I remember someone saying there is a technicality in that the fairgrounds is actually country property, not city. No way I'm going if there is a mask mandate.
I believe that was the case at one time, but I did a little research and I believe the city annexed it a few years ago.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As others already said, the big crowd of people (some of 'em haven't showered lately) is a letdown.
I haven't found the big deals on guns everybody talks about but I always find some bargain items like grips, magazines and books.
I like seeing all the interesting displays that aren't for sale too. One year I was a mouth breather looking at a bunch of beautiful color case hardened guns and talked to the guy there, not knowing he was the dude that runs Turnbull Restorations. LOL.
One year I did find a helluva deal on ammo so I stepped back down the aisle to a guy that was selling surplus backpacks and snagged one. Loaded about a case and a half of ammo in it.
I parked way down yonder in the Indian nation and felt like a pack mule by the time I got that load to the car.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the Wanenmacher show. I've never noticed any stinky crowds, but then I normally don't snuggle up to people anyway. If I'm close enough to smell them, I back off. Usually not a problem.

I can't say I've ever come out with a screaming deal, but I have made good deals, and often find things I didn't know I needed.

I bring lunch with me, move at my own speed, visit with the small sellers. Always a good time.

I'll go if there is no mask mandate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom