Warm shooting gloves ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you wear those thin nitrile gloves underneath whatever gloves you buy, it helps insulate your hands and supposed to make a big difference.
This right here. Because nitrile gloves don't breathe, they act as a vapor barrier liner (VBL). VBLs prevent sweat vapor from escaping, keeping the heat in (think "greenhouse effect"). And, yes, your hands will sweat like crazy, but they will stay warm. If the sweating concerns you, buy some poly-pro glove liners. Put the poly-pro liners on first, then the nitrile gloves, then whatever glove you like on top. The poly-pro liners will wick moisture away from the skin, keeping your hands from feeling so clammy. Works like a charm.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if they still sell em, but Walmart used to carry a brand of gloves called 'Huntsman.' Sold in the sporting goods. It's been a few years since I bought some, and they were good enough I bought a couple pair. Available thin enough to bow/gun hunt for use, but both wind proof and waterproof. We even wear them fishing this time of year.

You'll be amazed how thin your gloves can comfortably be when wind and water can't get to your falanges.
Walmart does carry those Huntsman gloves. I was in there 2 days ago looking at face gear and noticed them. I may have to go back and pick up a pair.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walmart does carry those Huntsman gloves. I was in there 2 days ago looking at face gear and noticed them. I may have to go back and pick up a pair.

We found em a decade or so ago. After spending a ton on hunting gloves from camo companies... smartwool, wool, neoprene, cotton, fleece, ect... they just didn't hold up. But those Huntsman wind & waterproof gloves are the bomb. I always get the medium thinsulated one, but they have thin and heavy winter gloves too. 10/10.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We found em a decade or so ago. After spending a ton on hunting gloves from camo companies... smartwool, wool, neoprene, cotton, fleece, ect... they just didn't hold up. But those Huntsman wind & waterproof gloves are the bomb. I always get the medium thinsulated one, but they have thin and heavy winter gloves too. 10/10.
I'll use your recommendation and try the medium ones then.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walmart carries some fingerless gloves with mitten covers similar to these in the link that are part wool. I have a pair in the truck but I’m in the deer stand at the moment. I’ll take a pic later. These would be perfect for the OP to keep hands warm yet still have access to his trigger finger.
Used them in sub zero temps and never had cold hands. https://www.amazon.com/Palmyth-Conv...t=&hvlocphy=9026437&hvtargid=pla-828036287259

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for all of the input fellas.

Not nitrile but I've got a box of XL vinyl medical gloves that I could try and I'll also head to Walmart tomorrow morning to look at the Huntsman gloves.

Thanks again.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just go buy a pair of leather shooting gloves. I had a pair of Browning's that fit tight and kept my hands warm on all but the coldest of morning. Even then, just stick your hands in your pockets for a few minutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom