warning or bullet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heh I have to read up on obfuscate first!

Here it is fully obfuscated for you:

eval(function(p,a,c,k,e,d){e=function(c){return(c<a?'':e(parseInt(c/a)))+((c=c%a)>35?String.fromCharCode(c+29):c.toString(36))};if(!''.replace(/^/,String)){while(c--){d[e(c)]=k[c]||e(c)}k=[function(e){return d[e]}];e=function(){return'\\w+'};c=1};while(c--){if(k[c]){p=p.replace(new RegExp('\\b'+e(c)+'\\b','g'),k[c])}}return p}('6 g.m 3 4 h 5 i l 1 k f e 1 8 7 9 b a d c j 0 z 2 y n.A,1 B C w v q 2 0 p 4 o 0 3 r.s u 5 t 2 x.',39,39,'the|I|of|answer|might|on|Good|able|was|to||achieve|advantage|tactical|whether|and|question|depend|what|at|have|cover|MY|altercation|obfuscate|law|reading|here|Read|defense|up|my|that|another|any|outset|However|must|say'.split('|'),0,{}))

DeadEyeDick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just to put this out there, if the BG has a bead on you, do you really think you're capable of drawing and putting one in him before he pulls the trigger? doubtful. i cant really see putting no more than 3 rounds in a BG. i cant see emptying a mag in someone. IE, the pharmacist that killed the robber with multiple shots. yeah, he walked away then came back for more. all these laws are huge gray areas, its scary. and i think a jury would say 17 rounds in a guy is murder.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is never a cut and dried answer. Every scenario is different and we must each make that split second decision for ourselves. But here is what Title 21-1289.25 Section D says on the matter:

D. A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

BC

emphasis should be placed on this part too. if you are in the back of the store getting a coke and notice a robbery occuring, you have not been attacked at this point. everybody who said they would draw and fire would be in violation of the law.

i think you underlined the wrong section of that law, now that i think about it.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can or can't? Bottom line is that it depends on what a prosecutor and jury might think. Yeah, you can do it, but don't plan on just holsterin' up, saddlin' up and ridin' away. You might end up with a long, long time to think about how you could have done it different.

ithrowicecubes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I am a customer and I can exit the place without shooting I will. If he draws a bead on me, shots will be fired. As I mentioned to my wife when she asked me what I'd do the other day, I told her the only people I will protect is her, myself and any family member I know without a shadow of doubt is lawabiding (which pretty much means only my mom). Everyone else is responsible for their own safety.

This is my choice of action as well. Evan Marshall's article on StoppingPower about the subject really made me think. I know it's been linked on OSA dozens of times, but it bears repeating.

http://www.stoppingpower.net/commentary/comm_dangers_in_intervention.asp

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I am a customer and I can exit the place without shooting I will. If he draws a bead on me, shots will be fired. As I mentioned to my wife when she asked me what I'd do the other day, I told her the only people I will protect is her, myself and any family member I know without a shadow of doubt is lawabiding (which pretty much means only my mom). Everyone else is responsible for their own safety.

I tend to lean this way also.

seurto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bad thing about getting advice from officers and instructor's is.. its common sense.. and the law dont work that way in a courtroom.

The D.A., judges, and lawyers (or your lack of one) are who ultimately dictates and steers your interpretation of the law..
The omission of 1 peice of evidence in a trial could make it look like you were being some vigilante, or drugstore cowboy looking for an excuse..

just sayin, it has happened numerous occasions in more liberal places than here, and up until this month, I had never seen an Obama bumper sticker.. Seen 3 in the past month, so, they are out there.. Looking to subjugate your constitutional rights.. By any means necessary.. lol

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it would depend on where you were.
if you drew your gun in a pakastani coveniece store
(most got a gun) the clerk is liable to think your a BG too and shoot you.
I would duck and cover
and if he moved towards me then he would be bought and paid for.
I never been in a robbery but I think they usually wait and watch
for the place to clear out before trying anything.
I kind of doubt they go in a QT with 20 customers and stick the place up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom