Warren Metcalf's response to the loss of OSA potential customers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a member of the Friends of the NRA, Alot of people there with deep pockets every year, They will get copies of the letters at our banquet later this year!!
I want a couple of those shirts also.
I, Along with some friends always bought an island at metcalfs shows and paid $500.00 for it.... NO MORE warren!!!

Last edited:

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Day-um!!!

Now I KNOW that I'm a social misfit. I RARELY go to movies and when I do, I NEVER buy their concession products.

If I want entertainment, I either go shoot off some ammo or spend time on OSA.

Yep. Social misfit. So, maybe I should go to Dave's show. Does anyone know if one of his vendors might be selling Remington 870, 7-shot pump, 12 gauge shotguns?
As a matter of fact I will have one of those for sale at Superdaves show in Claremore, Come see us!!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah...as stated earlier I knew I'd have to ask permission. Much earlier I thought about donating proceeds to a organization like the 4H shooters education programs but it is an exceptional idea to donate back to the site to help Kelly pay the bills.

I shall have to check on that when I'm back in town and can check on more details.

Cheers
Chris

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess that somebody is curious about all the cranky old men and social misfits.

I take offense to that! I am not a "cranky old man"! I am a curmudgeon! There's a great difference, y'know.

What is a Curmudgeon anyway?

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy. They ease the pain by turning hurt into humor... They attack maudlinism because it devalues genuine sentiment... Nature, having failed to equip them with a servicable denial mechanism, has endowed them with astute perception and sly wit.
Curmudgeons are mockers and debunkers whose bitterness is a symptom rather than a disease. They can't compromise their standards and can't manage the suspension of disbelief necessary for feigned cheerfulness. Their awareness is a curse.
Perhaps curmudgeons have gotten a bad rap in the same way that the messenger is blamed for the message: They have the temerity to comment on the human condition without apology. They not only refuse to applaud mediocrity, they howl it down with morose glee. Their versions of the truth unsettle us, and we hold it against them, even though they soften it with humor.

- JON WINOKUR

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"What is a Curmudgeon anyway?

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy. They ease the pain by turning hurt into humor... They attack maudlinism because it devalues genuine sentiment... Nature, having failed to equip them with a servicable denial mechanism, has endowed them with astute perception and sly wit.
Curmudgeons are mockers and debunkers whose bitterness is a symptom rather than a disease. They can't compromise their standards and can't manage the suspension of disbelief necessary for feigned cheerfulness. Their awareness is a curse.
Perhaps curmudgeons have gotten a bad rap in the same way that the messenger is blamed for the message: They have the temerity to comment on the human condition without apology. They not only refuse to applaud mediocrity, they howl it down with morose glee. Their versions of the truth unsettle us, and we hold it against them, even though they soften it with humor.

- JON WINOKUR"

OK. Now, with regards to me, I now have to decide whether I am a curmudgeon or a social misfit. That I am armed is a given. I think I like the curmudgeon term better because I seem to have a lot of the above traits. I have too many friends to be a social misfit. Now, we'll need to change the T-shirts.

But, wouldn't we need some kind of icon for one?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a matter of fact I will have one of those for sale at Superdaves show in Claremore, Come see us!!

I may have to get back with you on this one. I recently got a bonus at work, and I'm really hoping the wife will agree to let me get the 870. She also wants either a Walther or Ruger .22 semi. I'll have to work on her because she may want to put the bonus on bills. If things work out, we may do all this before Claremore.

If I do come to the Claremore show for one, what name on the booth should I look for?

Latest posts

Top Bottom