Warren Metcalf's response to the loss of OSA potential customers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have these letters made their way to any other firearms forums that we each post on?

Honestly, I don't care about bad blood between businessmen (although I certainly wish Super Dave great success)...but Metcalf's open disdain for potential customers as well as demeaning generalizations of people he's never met indicates questionable character (and business sense).

That is someone I don't want to do business with, and my bet is that many other firearms enthusiasts who are not OSA members -- but who could find themselves potentially as customers at a Metcalf show -- might also be interested to know the content of Metcalf's character before doing business with him.

Metcalf is right: flipping the bird to OSA members is such a limited audience that it probably won't impact his business significantly. Wider dissemination is necessary amongst the internet firearms enthusiast community for it to really matter.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still stand by what I have said before. People tend to forget the power of word of mouth. IT can bring you business and it can drive it far away. True friends are ones that trust your judgment. This being said I know for the most pat if I tell someone they should stay away from a place for XYZ reasons they will. And the same friends will pass it to their other friends.

HerkyBird

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This idiot obviously doesn't understand the power that forums like these hold. To brand a group of individuals as social misfits and cranky old men that he should be trying to market to is not a very good business practice.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya know Biggsly, the fact that you actually came up with a pic of a bucket of beanies is actually kinda scary!!! LOL Seriously, Mr. Metcalf may or may not be what he is or is not...after reading all of these posts. But what I see is a man that has a serious separation from reality. He is a testiment of how NOT to treat folks. The advise I have for him; if you want to act this way it is your choice...but to put it into a letter. Seriously! I haven't liked his shows for some time and will not go to them anymore either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom