Watches on the way to a wrist near you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I emailed Relax Watch Shop and asked them a few questions. They were quick to respond, and now we are several emails deep in a chain. They are a couple of watch collectors based out of CA that started offering these to provide a bit of humor to an otherwise stuffy industry. After going back and forth with them I'm pretty impressed with some of the specs on their watches. What's not made readily apparent is that these have solid SS glide-lock clasps, which is a really good method for a micro-adjust clasp. I think I'm sold. They are even going to throw in a few extra links on my order (whenever I place it). I just need to decide which one. I'm stuck between three:

Kermit:
View attachment 393467

Red:
View attachment 393469

Pepsi GMT:
View attachment 393470

Any suggestions? The Pepsi GMT is a bit more than the other two though. The humor in these is just too good to pass up considering that the movement and case construction appears to be well done.

I think the Smurf and Hulk are my favorites, followed by the Pepsi GMT. I wish the Smurf was two tone.

Screenshot_20230715_212242_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230715_212258_Samsung Internet.jpg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the red one, but I've had my eye on a Tudor Black Bay (Red - ref. M7941A1A0RU-0003) ever since I saw one in person. I'm saving the 'red' for that one. It's not inexpensive though. I may need to get lucky while in Vegas later this year or perhaps find a few thousand bucks buried in my back yard. Whichever comes first.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the red one, but I've had my eye on a Tudor Black Bay (Red - ref. M7941A1A0RU-0003) ever since I saw one in person. I'm saving the 'red' for that one. It's not inexpensive though. I may need to get lucky while in Vegas later this year or perhaps find a few thousand bucks buried in my back yard. Whichever comes first.
I'd like to have one for conversation, but I'm kinda in speedy mode. I made myself a promise the next watch would be a sapphire sandwich.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well slap my ass and call me Susan…stopped at Huntington’s today to buy a 35mm PRX auto. They have none (all stores have zero combined). Then, I go to Relax to order a Root Beer GMT. Sold out. Well, at least I have that glass top box of Cuban Cigars I bought on the beach in Jamaica for $7 each that I can escape my woes with!

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Here's an inexpensive NH-35 driven placeholder for that burgundy Black Bay.

san-martin-BB58-jubilee-bracelet_2_610x_crop_center.jpg

https://watchdives.com/collections/.../san-martin-bb58-nh35-automatic-watch-sn0128g
Someone is going to have to purchase a San Martin and let me know their thoughts on them. The ethics of their business model set aside, the specs offered for the price are hard to beat.

Movement: NH35 [Automatic mechanical movement]
Case: Material - 316L Stainless Steel
Glass: Sapphire Crystal Glass, AR Coating
Bezel: Wine Red Unidirectional Ceramic Bezel
Dial Color: Matte Black,Printed Hexagon Logo
Hands:Snowflake Hands, Luminous Coating
Luminous: BGW-9 Blue Light, Hands and Markers
Crown: Screw-down Crown, With 3D Hexagon Logo,
Case Back: Screw-down Case Back, Brushed Process
Strap: Solid 316L Stainless Steel 5 Links Jubilee Bracelet ,20mm*16mm
Clasp: New Fly Adjustable Clasp,With San Martin Hexagon Logo
Water Resistant: 20Bar=200 meters
Watch Dimension:
40mm in diameter
Lug to Lug 49.5mm
Thickness 11.95mm
Band width 20mm
Weight: about 143g

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Well slap my ass and call me Susan…stopped at Huntington’s today to buy a 35mm PRX auto. They have none (all stores have zero combined). Then, I go to Relax to order a Root Beer GMT. Sold out. Well, at least I have that glass top box of Cuban Cigars I bought on the beach in Jamaica for $7 each that I can escape my woes with!
Check Dillards in Penn Square. I was pretty impressed with their selection. Took a few minutes scanning the Tissot section.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
1689515555454.png

1689515616751.png

Got these 2 items on the way... Will wait to see if I replace the hands or not and same with the band. The price you can get these Invictas for is great , then you can beat em up at work or whatever then strip the movement and make a nice watch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom