Weak Link on Gen 3, Gen 4 Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 19 ejects fine with a magazine. Take out the magazine and it either falls through the magwell or stove pipes 80-90% of the time. I'm coming up on the 7,000 round mark and that's when people start having issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine has been that way from the beginning.

I suppose mine probably has been as well. I only really started paying attention to it after reading the thread on p-f and sure enough mine exhibited the ejection issues without a magazine. If I ever get btf I'll go the apex ejector and hred route to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone else cares about how their Glock ejects, Wayne Dobbs explains what is going on in post #16.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?24029-Glock-Ejection-Without-Magazine/page2

Good info in the link you posted. I do trust my Glock as it comes from the box, however, and I just don't plan to shoot it without a magazine in anyway. (Yeah, yeah...I know...but odds of the need to do so is slim). If we're to that point, odds are we're grappling, and I will win that round.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats a good question. I would have to dig really deep to find a weak link on a glock. If I had to I would probably say the factory RSA assembly which has a poly rod. I have heard stories of these breaking or the end chipping. Either way it still does not render the gun inoperable. Just unreliable. I just started changing all mine to 6# trigger springs so I have a few extras but I never kept any extra parts for emergency replacement. Ive never had one go down.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 3rd gen. G17 with 50,000 rounds through it.The trigger spring broke at 10,000 rounds 25,000 rounds and 35,000 rounds.I replaced it at 45,000 rounds.I will try to replace it every 10,000 rounds from now on.Also had a slide stop spring break at around 25,000 rounds

Latest posts

Top Bottom