Weedeater.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/2825-20ST
it surprised the H E double toothpicks out of me.
My brother had a Milwaukee 18V string trimmer for about two hours. He bought it because he has other Milwaukee 18V tools and the higher-capacity batteries for them, but he returned it because even on a full charge he couldn’t get through weedeating his front yard and the fenceline along his driveway.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The new Stihl carbs are junk. I know the owner of the local small engine shop well, and he has switched to selling Japanese made Maruyama trimmers and Italian made Efco saws, and says everyone is very happy with them. I have the Efco commercial pole saw and have been pleased with what little it’s been used. I like the head design more than the Stihl pole saw. I also have the largest Maruyama trimmer/brush cutter they make and a very pleased with it for brush, but would not recommend it for light duty work. It’s too big, bulky, and powerful. I mainly use the circular chainsaw blade with it. I also use .155 line with it for certain applications. It’s an absolute beast of a machine, sounds like a dirtbike motor, and feels like one too. It’ll leave your arms vibrating for an hour after using it.

I did just buy a M18 Milwaukee and use the 12 amp battery. It’s my light duty option for around the house but does a good job on some of the thicker stuff also.

Lemay’s outdoor equipment in Paul’s valley is great for anything mower, trimmer, or saw related. He’s got a really good mechanic working for him and I know Billy personally, he’s a stand up honest guy. Can’t recommend him enough.

I am reading up on them. What model you get?

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Craftsman 30cc 4 cycle and have used it 6 or 7 times and it does not start now, even with the electric start. Im so Peed off! Watched a few Youtubes and several demonstrated that if you pick it up and hold the start rope the compression should be high enough that it doesnt unwind. Well, mine literally dropped to floor indicating piston and rings are already shot. Repair shop videos said not to waste another dime on it. So I guess its back to the store and spend several hundred dollars. It really gets me how weed eaters used to last for years and years. the Craftsman looks like new! Really a disappointment.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive had a Stihl FS55R for about ten years. I've had to replace the carburetor twice. As long as I store it properly for winter or start it up every month I don't have issues. But if that thing sets with fuel in it for 5-6months good luck getting it started.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive had a Stihl FS55R for about ten years. I've had to replace the carburetor twice. As long as I store it properly for winter or start it up every month I don't have issues. But if that thing sets with fuel in it for 5-6months good luck getting it started.
use no ethanol 87.. in winter i pour the tank out and run dry.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
use no ethanol 87.. in winter i pour the tank out and run dry.
Yeah I only get 100% gas for my tools. I did start doing that a few years ago. Empty and run dry. Seems to help a little, despite doing that I had to replace the carb last year. Started right up a few months ago but doesn't seem to have the power range it use too. It's like idle and full power only. Doesn't run well at all at 1/2 throttle.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used a troy built 4 cycle for several years finally dropped it out of utv and broke the throttle lever off. Bought another at a auction for parts tried it and it runs like new. So I'm using it this spring and summer so far. I use mine with a sawblade ,pole saw,and trimmer heads and I've been happy so far. My ONLY complaint is the 4 strokes are quite a bit heavier than 2 stroke. I went to 4 stroke when grandauter wanted to mow lawns to buy her first car. I bought one so she didn't have to mix gas correctly.liked it so much I bought one for myself.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Things may be different now but I went to 4 stroke and found it very heavy compared to 2 stroke.
And when it was tilted a certain way I could hear the crank knocking. Forgot brand but went back a cheapy
Roybi 2 stroke. When it goes maybe electric will be cheaper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom