Weeden & Blackmon Pass Up Draft & Stay At O-State

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden and wide receiver Justin Blackmon announced Wednesday they are passing up the NFL draft to stay in school.

Blackmon had 1,782 yards receiving and scored 20 touchdowns this season, his second at Oklahoma State, winning the Biletnikoff Award as the nation's top receiver. Blackmon was also Big 12 offensive player of the year.

Weeden threw for 34 touchdowns and a school-record 4,277 yards this season, his first as starter and third at Oklahoma State.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6015418

Good news for all you O-State fans and good news for the Big 12 (10?) also.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Credit to them. I couldn't have done it. Guess I like money too much. I just hope they don't get hurt and lose their opportunity.

Blackmon's skills are well-known. It was evident when he played at Plainview. His family lived less than a block from me and the football field was just 2 blocks away. For those who don't know, he was a very good defensive back; probably one reason he makes so many of them look silly.

Weeden is, in my opinion, underrated. Barring injury, I think he will make quite a mark for himself over the next few years.

The Cowboys are only a few good linemen away from being a real powerhouse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom