Weeden & Blackmon Pass Up Draft & Stay At O-State

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Credit to them. I couldn't have done it. Guess I like money too much. I just hope they don't get hurt and lose their opportunity.

Blackmon's skills are well-known. It was evident when he played at Plainview. His family lived less than a block from me and the football field was just 2 blocks away. For those who don't know, he was a very good defensive back; probably one reason he makes so many of them look silly.

Weeden is, in my opinion, underrated. Barring injury, I think he will make quite a mark for himself over the next few years.

The Cowboys are only a few good linemen away from being a real powerhouse.

Offensive line? They have one of the best o-lines in the conference and all of their starters return.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whole collective bargaining agreement issue in the NFL will probably result in the least number of underclassmen coming out in years. Everybody is giving all the credit to the kids which is fine, but this issue has to be looming in the back of their heads. If there is a work stoppage, they won't be getting paid in the pros or at school. It should make for a lousy draft but a really good college football season next year.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait..... Weeden's not going to the draft? Shocker!! He'd be lucky to go 3rd round. :D Now Blackmon....

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weeden is 27 or 28?* How much more time does he need.* He will be drawing Social security when he trys to walk on in the NFL.

considering how long he went not playing football came back and took a handful of snaps the 2 years prior when he returned to college he does need some readjustment time.

To compare how many other quarterbacks had gone pro in a different sport and later returned to college football especially to end up starting and leading to a winning season?

The average age of the NFL quarterback is like 28.5 (may be younger now) he will be 28 in October. I'd say considering his break he is doing amazing but has a few things to relearn or that he could improve on.

I guess 95% of OSA is about to be drawing social security though.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It shows true loyality that they are not going yet.

OOOOORA!!! To them OOOOORA!!!!

It's not loyalty, hardly any players are coming out this year due to the labor dispute. Agents are telling kids to stay put. It's like Ryan Broyles at OU, sure it's nice to hear he wants to come back blah blah blah but if a crazy contract was coming his way he'd be gone..... and it looks like those will be a thing of the past starting this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom